Scientist/Senior Scientist, Protein Antigen Engineering
Antibody Discovery is seeking a talented scientist to contribute to the development of novel antibody-based therapeutics for treating cancer. The ideal candidate will have a track record of success in the field of protein engineering and additional expertise in bioinformatics or display platforms or cancer biology. Responsibilities will include laboratory-based efforts with a focus on preparing difficult to produce antigens, such as multimembrane-spanning proteins or multimeric proteins. Additionally, the scientist will lead and support projects to create new empowered antibody therapeutics.
- Execute on antigen design and production to support antibody discovery
- Develop antibody therapeutics for cancer through identification and validation of new targets and engineering empowered antibodies
- Initiate new methods to improve antibody discovery
- Lead and support project teams
- Collaborate effectively within a talented team and interface with other divisions of research
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Structural Biology or related discipline
- 3+ years experience in academics or industry
- Direct experience in protein engineering, cellular biology, molecular biology and antibody development
- Familiarity with cell-based assays, bioinformatics, display platforms, next generation sequencing, kinetic binding assays or cancer biology a plus
- Driven to advance oncology-based projects
- Effective communications skills and a strong publication record
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegentics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.