Scientist, Target Validation
The target validation group at Seattle Genetics is seeking a highly motivated and innovative scientist with a strong background in tumor biology, cellular immunology, and oncology pathways. We are seeking an individual that is passionate about investigating the underlying mechanisms that drive cancer progression and explore how they influence inherent and targeted immune responses to further our technology platforms and our pipeline. The candidate will function as a bridge between cancer biology, immunology, and systems / computational biology team members. The successful candidate will have demonstrated an ability to drive scientific excellence resulting in the advancement of cutting-edge therapeutics from concept to clinical testing.
- Identify relevant cancer dysregulated immune signatures to generate biological hypotheses (e.g. target characterization and drug combinations) in oncology
- Implement novel platforms that can monitor immune changes in the context of oncolytic drivers and targeted therapies
- The candidate will drive forward research within the cancer biology group and will build a collaborative interface with the immunology team and other functional teams for the discovery of novel therapeutics
- The candidate will stay abreast of the cancer and immunology literature and act as an expert resource within the research team
- Provide scientific leadership to identify novel pathways that drive directed antitumor activity while harnessing immunological pathways/mechanisms
- Design and execute comprehensive experimental plans that inform and enable project progression
- Coach and mentor people for performance and scientific growth
- Work independently and demonstrate the ability to contribute to projects outside their own expertise
- Experience in tumor biology and cellular immunology with a focus on tumor microenvironment, immunoinformatics and cancer biology
- Strong background in cellular and immunological techniques including multiparametric flow cytometry, cytokine profiling, immune-phenotyping, etc.
- Knowledge and ability to work with syngeneic mouse models a plus
- History of leading research programs that required interfacing with multiple functional teams
- A record of accomplishments evidenced by publications/patents is required
- Ability to use advanced communication, interpersonal, and management skills to convey initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of technological trends and passion to develop innovative solutions that support and enhance Seattle Genetics competitive edge
A Ph.D degree and 2+ years of industry or academia experience
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegentics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.