Director, Alliance Project Leader
The Director, Alliance Project Leader (APL) is the champion for programs under alliance agreements. This position is responsible for leading and directing all alliance related activities in support of our alliance programs. This entails responsibility for driving internal and external alignment on the overarching development strategy and execution of the risk mitigation plan.
The APL is responsible for driving alignment on the overarching strategy and developing a risk mitigation plan in collaboration with the alliance partner in order to best position for success. The APL will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the necessary processes, methods of communication, training and governance required to explore, execute and maintain successful partnerships. This individual will work within a cross-matrix team setting composed of both internal and external partners and will drive the relevant agendas for all governance meetings.
Owns and directs all alliance related activities including driving internal and external alignment of the overarching development strategy and execution of the risk mitigation plan in collaboration with the alliance partners in order to best position for success.
Generally owns full scope of projects; may have a level of direction from Sr. Director or VP on complex projects.
Accountable for all aspects of the alliance partnership and works well in a cross functional matrix
Act as advocate for the alliance, resolving conflicts and facilitating relationships between the partners.
Drive the agendas and execute governance meetings between internal and external partners.
Keep Head of Alliance Management aware of developments and maintain buy-in throughout the partnership process while ensuring that coordination and communication occurs at all stages of the partnership process.
Establish and promote best practices in partnering with AbbVie to gain competitive advantage, and establish AbbVie as partner-of-choice.
This position is responsible for interfacing directly with the project teams and steering committees and is accountable for facilitating the development of a compound strategy for the alliance assets. Further, this director will be accountable to support the team to drive that medicine development strategy forward.
May have oversight of Manager work product and serves as mentor/coach to Manager talent pipeline
- PhD - Immunology, Oncology, or Infectious disease preferred
- 4+ years of experience in a similar role. Experience with option based models strongly preferred
- Requires thorough understanding of the research, development, and commercialization of new drugs through past experiences and a good grounding in scientific, development, regulatory and commercial concepts in both early and late stage development programs
- Experience working in and influencing a cross matrix project team is essential with late stage clinical and commercial development experience preferred
- Proven interpersonal and negotiation skills to develop and maintain successful and healthy partnerships
- Must demonstrate critical thinking for conflict resolution; risk management; organizational alignment and demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Familiarity with legal and contractual governance and understands needs of Public Affairs and IR
- Experience working with external partners. Ability to think creatively and strategically to successfully mediate and negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally.
- Ability to break down silos and shows accountability beyond role and function
- Willingness to be accountable for all aspects of the alliance partnership.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled