Senior Business Analyst
AbbVie is undertaking a transformation to transition its Third Party Workforce under one enterprise-wide governance model, policy, process, and single system of record. As part of this transformation, AbbVie is standing up a dedicated Third Party Workforce function within its global Talent organization to drive and own the new operating model.
The newly created Third Party Workforce function's mission is to partner with key stakeholders to refine and execute AbbVie's global Third Party Workforce implementation roadmap and drive sustainable value through AbbVie's external partners and staffing suppliers. The function is responsible for advising AbbVie stakeholders on how to effectively engage third party labor globally, across all third party labor categories (i.e., staff augmentation, professional services, and outsources services), while minimizing risk and managing costs for the enterprise.
The Third Party Workforce function's scope includes:
- Cross-functional stakeholder engagement at senior levels to drive talent & analytics solutions for external labor needs across AbbVie
- Tight coordination and governance across a $1BN+ annual spend category
- Advise business stakeholders on end-to-end external talent processes
- Performance-driven management of suppliers
- Inform a longer-term human capital management strategy leveraging robust data, analytics, and insights
AbbVie is seeking a Business Analyst to support the execution of its Third Party Workforce strategy. The Business Analyst will be an important member of the dedicated Third Party Workforce function and is based in Lake County, North Chicago, IL. The Business Analyst will support the execution of AbbVie's enterprise-wide initiative to effectively manage its total third party workforce, with a focus on data, analytics and cross-functional stakeholder engagement to drive better workforce decisions.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Supports the execution of our Third Party Workforce global strategy
- Provides advanced reporting, analytics and executive dashboards, with insights on key metrics to manage a $1BN+ global spend category
- Conducts benchmarking to drive best in class offering to stakeholders
- Monitors and tracks value and savings delivered through Third Party Workforce program year over year
- Supports continuous roll-out and refinement of the change management plan as the Third Party Workforce program expands internationally
- Supports standardization and end-to-end process automation of
- Applies analytical thinking skills to diagnose and make recommendations on performance improvement opportunities
- Supports service level agreements (SLAs) and key performance indicators (KPIs) for strategic outsource partners
- Participates in and supports content generation for program performance meetings and operational reviews with internal and external stakeholders
- Incorporates knowledge of business and technology to make recommendations.
- Acts as a technology subject matter expert for key systems used to manage third party labor
- Bachelor's degree in Business (e.g., Finance, Accounting, Economics, Supply Chain, or Information Technology) or equivalent work experience preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of combined experience in consulting, professional services, finance, accounting, strategic purchasing and/or vendor management
- Advanced MS Excel and Powerpoint skills (experience with visualization platforms like Qlikview, Tableau, etc. a plus)
- Strong analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, business acumen, and creativity in problem solving
- Proficient in developing and generating reports and deriving insights from the data
- Experience with performance / process improvement and project management
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional teams towards task completion.
- Ability to manage complexity, prioritize and multi-task, and support effective decisions in complex, cross functional, changing environments
- Ability to interact with and different levels and functions within an organization
- Superior written and oral communication skills to convey overall engagement objectives and engage cross-functional stakeholders and external partners Demonstrates a consulting mindset with the ability to summarize complex issues and provide insights
- Decisive yet collaborative working style using facilitation skills to resolve issues
- Demonstrates ability to influence others without authority in a global work environment
- Able to build credibility, garner support and work effectively with internal stakeholders across multiple divisions
- Excellent project management skills and detail oriented
- Creative problem solving and negotiation skills
- Strong analytic skills
- Client-service oriented
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled