Scientist/Senior Scientist, Antibody discovery and engineering
About Alamar Biosciences, Inc.
Alamar Biosciences (ABIO) is a new Bay Area startup developing game changing antibody technologies for diagnosis and treatment of diseases at the earliest possible time. Founded by serial entrepreneurs with track record of successes, the company is looking for energetic and highly productive scientists to join our fast-paced, goal-oriented team. This is an exceptional opportunity for those who enjoy building a technology platform / company from the ground up and growing together with the company.
These positions will report directly to the founders (CEO and CTO) of ABIO. He/she will be a key contributor to the development and validation of the company’s founding technology platform. Responsibilities include:
- Make both hands-on and intellectual contribution to the development of the company’s founding technology platform.
- Design, execute and manage research projects for developing and validating the company’s technology platform with innovative approaches.
- Design, optimize and implement a wide-range of assays for antibody characterizations, including multiplex flow cytometry, immunoassays, cell-based assays and bioactive / functional assays.
Requirements comprises some or most of the following:
- PhD in molecular biology, immunology, cell biology, biochemistry, or related fields with strong experience and expert knowledge in antibody technology development and/or protein structure biology.
- Hands-on experiences in
- phage-display, yeast-display, and/or antibody engineering are required
- characterizing ligand binding interactions using label free technologies such as Biacore Octet and KinExA
- multi-parameter/multi-color flow cytometry analysis, cell sorting and immunoassays
- Excellent analytic / bioanalytic skills are required
- Expertise in general molecular biology and biochemical techniques including cloning, protein expression and purifications are required
- Experience with bi-specific antibody engineering and structural biology such as crystallography are desirable
- Experiences in protein analytical techniques including HPLC, FPLC, Flow Cytometry, epitope mapping and knowledge in organic chemistry and peptide synthesis are desirable
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter with positive “can do” attitude
- Demonstrated scientific creativity, critical thinking, and analytical problem-solving skills with a track record of high-quality publications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can work independently and as a part of a team
Respond via email firstname.lastname@example.org.