Mirati Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated and collaborative scientist to support oncology programs within the Research department. The candidate will have hands-on expertise in mammalian cell biology. Experience with in vivo pharmacology and mouse models of cancer is also desired. The candidate will primarily support drug discovery-stage research programs. Responsibilities include identification and development of clinically-relevant cell line models, development of cell-based biomarker assays, genetic-based and drug mechanism of action studies, in vivo pharmacology, animal handling, dosing (oral, IP, etc.), cell/tumor implant, tumor measurements, and PK/PD studies. The candidate may also support translational-stage programs. Responsibilities include support for identifying responder populations, putative patient selection and proof of mechanism biomarkers, efficacious combinations and understanding mechanisms of intrinsic and acquired resistance.
- Independently design, execute and interpret experiments
- Support drug discovery projects which includes developing screening assays and generating primary data packages
- Generate in vivo pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic data in relevant tumor models.
- Manage PK/PD, tumor growth inhibition and related in vivo studies across multiple projects from experimental design through execution. Includes tumor cell implant, tumor measurement and staging, dosing and tissue collection
- Validate and study targets using western blot, immunoprecipitation, ELISAs, qRT-PCR, etc.
- Develop and routinely run target-based and phenotypic assays in mammalian cell culture systems
- Use a variety of molecular and cellular approaches to dissect molecular signaling pathways to elucidate gene function and drug action in vitro and in vivo
- Effectively communicate experimental plans and results. Maintain an up-to-date electronic notebook. Contribute to non-clinical pharmacology study reports and other regulatory submissions
- Work/collaborate effectively across the research and development teams
EDUCATION AND PREFERRED EXPERIENCE
- BS/MS or equivalent with 0 – 5 years lab research experience in biology or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with drug discovery process, pharmacology and drug development
- Experience with in vivo models, including patient-derived xenografts, syngeneic, immunocompetent models and cell line xenografts