Associate Director/Director Corporate Responsibility
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
This newly-created position will spearhead Corporate Responsibility at Regeneron. The position will work closely with the VP, Corporate Communications & Citizenship, leaders and subject matter experts to establish the company's responsibility priorities and business tracking across all responsibility areas including, but not limited to R&D, environment, social practices, philanthropy and community, compliance and ethics. The individual will maintain the Responsibility Plan and report regularly to the company's management and Board. The successful candidate will also drive communications around the responsibility strategy including publishing the company's annual Corporate Responsibility Report and reporting results and data to key ratings and rankings agencies. The individual will represent Regeneron to key external stakeholders involved in Environmental, Social and Governance topics.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Leading a holistic approach to Corporate Responsibility management and reporting at Regeneron.
• Working with leaders and subject matter experts to set action plans, identifying key performance indicators and achieving global Corporate Responsibility/Sustainability goals.
• Driving Responsibility priorities forward and improving interactions with all stakeholders.
• Defining Responsibility narrative and reporting practices to include annual Corporate Responsibility Report.
• Establishing approach to sharing information with ratings and rankings agencies and other stakeholders and manage reporting to these channels/stakeholders.
• Monitoring Responsibility profile and address gaps and/or misconceptions.
• Regularly reviewing material issues to the business and update plans, reporting and engagement.
• Equipping internal business partners such as Investor Relations and Corporate Communications with information and proof points to engage with key opinion leaders, government, media and other stakeholders on company's Responsibility approach and impact.
• Assessing trends, emerging issues and serving as subject matter expert to establish and maximize leadership and other opportunities.
• Partnering closely with Corporate Citizenship team, which drives corporate giving and community relations priorities.
The successful candidate will have:
• Undergraduate or advanced degree.
• 8-10 years relevant work experience including 5+ years focused Sustainability/CSR work.
Experience necessary for effective job performance:
• Familiarity with Corporate Social Responsibility and sustainability programs, strategies, communications and related stakeholder engagement especially in the biopharma industry.
• Experience with reporting frameworks and ratings agencies including GRI, CDP, DJSI, Sustainalytics, FTSE and others.
• Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills and excellent written and oral communications.
• Excellent follow-through, attention to detail and sense of urgency
• Strong executive presence and influencing skills
• Flexibility and ability to successfully navigate ambiguity and succeed in a fast-paced organization
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 13328BR