Manager - Data Acquisition, Integration and Analytics
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
Manager, Data Acquisition, Integration and Analytics
This role will be responsible for the acquisition, integration, and quality analysis of the various data sources used by the Analytics team. He/she will work their manager (Director/Senior Director) in building the right strategy to acquire the best data, balancing the benefits of the additional data with its limitations and costs.
He/She will work on dispensed data acquisition and analytics effort for IMBRUVICA. Work closely With the Market Access & Trade directors, Business Analytics and IT teams to implement channel data into the sales data warehouse and perform brand performance and advanced analytics play a critical role in interfacing with IT and being the analytics point for building an integrated data warehouse that will improve the efficiency and accuracy of sales reporting and analytics manage data quality across the various input and processed files to ensure good sales data will work with data vendors and build an effective affiliation database and establish a robust process to keep the data live in a cost-efficient manner investigate newer data sources from industry that can be used to bring richer insights to the commercial teams
- Lead channel data acquisition and analytics efforts for IMBRUVICA. Over the course of this role, this individual will sharpen/develop a deep understanding of IMBRUVIA indications and will become an expert on those disease areas.
- Be the analytics point on channel data content, quality and deliverable during the contract process.
- Analyze shipment and dispensed data and communicate findings with Market Access, BAI, IT, and Data Suppliers.
- Manage Integrated Data Warehouse project and track/follow-up on project plan, execution, and completion.
- Perform channel performance tracking and ad-hoc analytics
- Demonstrate deep knowledge on sales and patient level data and their applications.
- Work efficiently and effectively across multiple functional teams and manage multiple priorities.
- Bachelors Degree required, MBA or Masters is preferred
- 5+ years of analytics experience, preferably in the Pharma/BioTech industry
- High motivation, strong work-ethic and positive attitude while working under tight timelines
- Requirement to work “hands on” with analytical tools
- Proficiency in data analytics and 1 or more of reporting tools such as SAS or Tableau
- Experience with 3rd party pharmaceutical data like IQVIA (IMS Health) Sales Data (DDD, Xponent, NSP, NPA), Affiliation (HCOS), APLD (Medical Claims), and Specialty pharmacy data.
- Demonstrated ability to structure and conduct data analyses to generate insights and recommendations
- Exceptional ability to manage multiple projects across functional teams in a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities and significant time pressures
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and an ability to provide recommendations on data integrations and applications
- Previous experience in managing Oncology data is a plus