Research Fellow, Head RWC Translational Bioinformatics Oncology
Bristol-Myers Squibb Translational Bioinformatics team is seeking a talented and motivated Research Fellow to lead our Immuno-Oncology bioinformatics research programs in Red Wood City (RWC). This individual will direct a group of bioinformatics scientists responsible for identifying drug targets, enabling patient enrichment strategies, and guiding drug development decisions. The group works closely across both the Discovery and Clinical sciences organizations to translate complex molecular data into useful therapeutics and biomarkers. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to pursue interests across functions and geographies. Critical for success is the ability to influence your team's development.
- Manages team of PhD level bioinformatics scientists responsible for the analysis of complex genomic datasets.
- Set team priorities, balance workload, ensure deliverables.
- Provides technical expertise for the development and advancement of bioinformatics analysis methods.
- Provides leadership and technical advice to cross functional teams working with senior Discovery R&D members.
- Communicate effectively across geographical and functional areas, with discovery, clinical, medical, diagnostic, and biomarker teams.
- Develop talent in the research organization by providing professional and personal growth opportunities and mentorship.
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, engineering, statistics, physics, molecular biology, genetics, or similar with 10+ years of industry experience.
- Demonstrated experience directing scientists in an industry setting, working on a diverse set of research projects.
- Demonstrated ability to direct the scientific and professional development of such scientists.
- Experience in analysis and integration of data generated by high-throughput molecular assays such as next-generation sequencing, flow cytometry, mass spectrometry proteomics, etc..
- Extensive experience in using a high-level programming language such as R, MATLAB, Python or Perl for complex data analysis and reproducible research practices.
- Exceptionally strong communication, data presentation and visualization skills.
- The ability to work across organizations to define and solve problems that will benefit the whole. Capable of establishing strong working relationships across the organization.
- Sophisticated understanding of Oncology/Immuno-Oncology and Computational Biology concepts; experience working with clinical trial data is a plus.
- Enterprise Mindset: The ability to make decisions, set priorities and share resources based on what will benefit the whole. Capable of building and maintaining networks within and outside of the organization.
- Strong publication record.