Associate Director - Pharmacodiagnostics
Bristol-Myers Squibb is actively conducting translational medicine research to further our understanding of cancer biology and to identify which patient populations may be more likely to derive benefit from Immuno-Oncology (I-O). Bristol-Myers Squibb has long believed the future of cancer research is dependent on investments in science and partnerships.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Pharmacodiagnostics Associate Director to join the Translational Medicine Organization, Biomarkers and Pharmacodiagnostics team, where our vision is for tumor biology to inform treatment selection for each patient at each stage of therapy. BMS is seeking an individual with exceptional scientific, strategic and operational acumen to develop the strategic implementation of companion and complementary diagnostics (CDx) biomarkers in support of the BMS portfolio.
Under supervision of Director Pharmacodiagnostics, this role provides subject matter expertise related to development and execution of the companion/complementary biomarker diagnostic programs for BMS product development and brand teams. Working with the Translational Medicine team, the Pharmacodiagnostic representative implements the diagnostic strategy, including development of supportive arguments for highly complex projects and delivery of diagnostic products that enhance value of the pharmaceutical product profile. BMS is seeking an Associate Director of Pharmacodiagnostics (PDx) to fulfill this critical role.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under supervision of Director/Group Director Pharmacodiagnostics, represents Pharmacodiagnostics function on asset Development, Brand and Translational Medicine teams for which companion, complementary, or other in vitro diagnostic development is within strategy.
- Collaborates effectively with an integrated organizational framework across translational medicine and R&D.
- Forms alliances across scientific disciplines and participates in the decision-making process that typically require developing new options to solve highly complex problems for the completion of team goals
- Coordinates the Pharmacodiagnostics matrix subteams for specific diagnostic products or indications to enhance the value of the assets through incorporation of diagnostic biomarkers into exploratory, clinical, regulatory, and Medical/Commercial strategies.
- Provides technical direction to business development led search, evaluation and transactions for diagnostic partnering.
- Coordinates all executable activities between the Development/Brand team and external diagnostic partners. Responsible for delivery of diagnostic partner critical milestones, e.g. technical development and validation, clinical validation, and regulatory activities.
- Participates in commercial planning and medical strategy as related to the diagnostic product.
- Provides internal and external subject matter expertise for BMS pharmacodiagnostic and precision medicine activities:
- Acquires and disseminates precision medicine knowledge for organizational learning and capability
- Represents BMS PDx to external stakeholders including health authorities, medical customers and presentations at scientific meetings.
Basic Essential Criteria/Qualifications:
- Advanced technical degree, e.g., PhD, MD, DVM, PharmD.
- Specific experience in the diagnostic industry, oncology biomarkers, diagnostic business development, and/or certification in laboratory medicine (e.g. ASCP) is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in diagnostic assay development.
- Experience with or good working knowledge of biomarker/in vitro diagnostic platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary matrix team.
- Requires comprehensive knowledge of principles, concepts and/or methodologies within drug discovery, development or production