Executive Associate II
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
The successful candidate will be a highly collaborative and proactive individual with strong administrative capabilities. This role will support the Head, Global Clinical Trial Planning & Alliance Management. Candidate will perform highly diverse administrative duties, which involve senior level contacts and exposure to sensitive information requiring confidentiality, discretion, and good judgment, as well as the highest level of core behaviors.
- Conserves executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Coordinates both individual and departmental meetings, off-site activities and meetings with vendors/suppliers; provides support for meetings by assuring technical requirements are met and providing meeting summaries upon request.
- Phone and calendar management as well as timely scheduling ensuring meetings are prioritized and occur within appropriate timelines.
- Maintain and organize office operations and procedures such as filing system, expense reports, requisition of supplies, and other administration services.
- Prepare spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations and drafts basic correspondences as requested.
- Prioritizes activities and takes prompt action based on an understanding of departmental objectives and business needs.
- Adhere to T&E policies, including booking travel (domestic & international) and monthly reconciliation of business expenses.
- Ensure manager's preparedness for meetings (e.g., assemble meeting materials & pre-reads)
- Prioritize and complete support requests in a timely manner (i.e., issues with IT, systems, facilities, etc.)
- Independently researches more complex inquiries and responds or escalates inquiry, recommending solutions as appropriate.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by remaining current with BMS continuous learning modules
- High School degree, some college or degree desirable.
- 8 years administrative or comparable experience; prior BMS and Executive Associate Experience preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point). Knowledge of BMS Systems and Processes strongly preferred.
- Concur Travel and T&E, Ariba/SAP, Sharepoint, eSetup, eTime, Workday, Room Scheduler experience strongly desired.
- Has strong organizational skills, pays close attention to detail and follow-up, and properly balances priorities and resources.
- Maintains a positive attitude, a high level of productivity, and is adaptable to change.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize, pro-actively work independently and collaboratively with other administrative assistants/external partners, across organizational levels, functions, and supports business needs across different time zones and during periods of heavy workload.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to competing priorities while remaining focused.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Successful candidate must be able to learn new tools and systems in an ever-evolving environment.
- Exhibits a positive work attitude, and high productivity.
- Proven track record of collaboration with other administrative assistants in order to ensure business needs/goals are met