Biomarker Lead/Director -Immunoscience
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
The Biomarker Lead/Director for Orencia and Nulojix is responsible for developing and executing translational strategies for the Immunoscience pipeline with a particular focus on late-stage assets. The biomarker lead will act as a key interface with the Translational Medicine group.
The successful candidate will be responsible for integrating translational research and clinical development, developing a biomarker strategy in alignment with clinical development objectives, leading efforts for data generation, interpretation and communication to the development teams. The candidate will also be responsible for understanding the external research environment, partnering with discovery biology and other functions both internally and with external partners to coordinate the execution of deliverables.
-The Biomarker Lead/Director is responsible for:
- Developing and executing on translational strategies for the Orencia and Nulojix, as well as other assets within the immunoscience pipeline
- The successful candidate will be responsible for integrating translational research and clinical development, developing a biomarker strategy in alignment with clinical development objectives, leading efforts for data generation, interpretation and communication to the development teams.
- The candidate will also be responsible for understanding the external research environment, partnering with discovery biology and other functions both internally and with external partners to coordinate the execution of deliverables.
- Effectively engages with development teams and technical/scientific experts to define, revise and progress translational/biomarker plans
- Delivers high quality biomarker strategies for target engagement, pharmacodynamic endpoints and patient selection(where appropriate).
- Provides insight into novel ways to incorporate biomarkers into clinical designs to enable early understanding of emerging drug profiles.
- Effectively interfaces with the Translational Medicine group to obtain appropriate resources to deliver on biomarker goals.
- MD or PhD,
- Experienced scientist with 9+ years' experience, including drug development experience and basic or translational immunology research
- Deep understanding of the role of translational research/medicine and clinical biomarkers in drug development
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where speed is paramount
- Willing to work as a topic expert, outside of a traditional functional environment, in a team unified around serving the assets
- Ability to recognize, articulate, and accept calculated risks to make informed decisions
- Willingness and ability to effectively cooperate and partner with external providers and others within BMS
- Demonstrated experience in the appropriate application of various scientific technologies into translational research strategies
- Working knowledge of all functional areas of drug development, including, biology, toxicology, clinical development, diagnostic development, etc.
- Demonstrated scientific acumen and mechanistic understanding of disease biology