Regional Head of Breeding, North America
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Regional Head of Breeding, North America, are to:
- With the Breeding Lead for the crop group define tactics for the successful variety development in Breeding in the impacted crops/region/segments;
- Ensures implementation of the Breeding Strategy per Crop in full alignment with the Crop Research and Development (R&D) Strategy;
- Ensures translation and incorporation of technology in breeding to increase annual gain and works closely with all functions to enhance breeding programs;
- Lead periodic breeding program reviews, leveraging multi-function participation and promoting cross-crop learning;
- Responsible for documentation and availability of all breeding data in PRISM and other electronic systems and tools;
- Manages Crop Breeding budget in the respective region;
- Manages, directs and coordinates training and development of all breeding team members to ensure state of the art knowledge and readily available succession. Use internal and external training, assignments in adjacent disciplines and exposure to external knowledge for development;
- Promote cross-crop learning and knowledge sharing;
- Ensure co-ordination of overall R&D activities where multiple function operate at a site or within a region;
- With the Global Head of Breeding work on tools and systems to further develop Breeding as a discipline;
- Site leader at the home base (to be decided on a case by case basis).
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- PhD in plant breeding or genetics with minimum of eight years of relevant experience;
- Masters of Science in plant breeding or genetics with minimum of twelve years relevant experience;
- Bachelor of Science in plant breeding or genetics with minimum of fourteen years relevant experience;
- Minimum of five years in team leading position in a breeding or research organization
- Intercultural management experience;
- Language skills: English (fluent), additional local language (favorable);
- Supervises scientific personnel and makes technical decisions which involve a high degree of planning and coordinating ability so that numerous activities converge successfully.
- Knowledge of Breeding and affiliated technologies;
Domestic Relocation assistance is offered for this position.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Country: United States
Location: CA-West Sacramento, Residence Based