Director of Frontier Biology
Unity Biotechnology is a venture capital-backed biopharmaceutical company that is discovering and developing novel medicines to treat chronic diseases associated with aging. The Frontier Biology group investigates new mechanisms of aging and tackles high-risk, high-reward projects as a collaborative, interdisciplinary, and forward-thinking team.
The Frontier Biology group at Unity Biotechnology is seeking to hire a Director of Frontier Biology. We are looking for candidates who think critically and creatively in their approach to science. A successful candidate will be knowledgeable in many areas in biology along with having familiarity with a wide spectrum of laboratory techniques. Most importantly, a qualified candidate is committed to doing cool science, is a quick learner, and an excellent experimentalist. This position requires adaptability and an ability to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment.
- Ph.D. in the biological sciences (e.g., Bioinformatics, Biochemistry, Molecular and Cell Biology, Neurobiology, Immunology)
- 8-12 years of post-graduate experience in the early development of novel therapeutics or platform technology with a proven track record in the biotechnology industry
- Experience in a range of scientific areas (e.g., epigenetics, bioinformatics, neurobiology, oncology) and project leadership
- Record of success in leading collaborations with external research organizations, including academic institutions, contract research organizations, and other pharmaceutical companies
- Entrepreneurial in approach to science (i.e. willing to nimbly form alliances and collaborations with scientists inside and outside of UNITY in service of the greater goal)
- Strong scientific reputation as evidenced by publications, patents, and invited presentations
- Exceptional critical thinking, data analysis, and problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- A strong desire to be part of a growing company aimed at transforming the lives of people with serious diseases