Marketing Research Manager
The Marketing Research Manager will design, implement, manage and analyze marketing research for the designated therapeutic area(s). The individual will derive insights from primary and secondary research, and partner with the commercial team to inform decision-making around brand strategies and tactics.
· Act as research lead for key commercial team relationships focused on providing strategic insight, forming a trusted relationship, and staying abreast of commercial issues.
· Is conversant with custom research methodologies, adept at supplier and stakeholder management, and is able to independently lead custom research projects to deliver compelling strategic and tactical insight.
· Collaborate with marketing research team members to identify and bring innovative custom research approaches to the organization.
· Maintain organizational knowledge of market and competitive trends and industry developments and effectively communicate this knowledge to internal stakeholders. Possess a solid understanding of industry secondary data and syndicated sources and their strengths and weaknesses.
· Analyze market and brand trends and performance for all Franchise markets. Capture and communicate these trends/performance dynamics via management and publication of weekly and monthly reporting.
· Synthesize research learning across projects and primary and secondary research to develop actionable insights and recommendations that shape commercial strategies and tactics.
· Builds solid relationships as a team player, while maintaining objectivity and lack of bias to represent the voice of the customer.
· Monitor and manage marketing research programs within budget and identify opportunities for cost savings where appropriate.
· Ensure all marketing research activities are conducted in accordance with financial and ethical compliance guidelines.
· BA or BS degree required. MBA or MA preferred. Degree concentration in marketing research or marketing is a strong plus.
· 6+ years relevant marketing research experience, with at least 4 years client side marketing research experience
· Analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, strong business acumen, and creativity in problem solving.
· Ability to interact effectively with/present to (verbally and in writing) all levels of the organization, from Product Managers to Divisional Vice Presidents.
· Advanced knowledge of custom research methodologies
· Proven experience as an integral member of a high performing work team.