Deputy Director, Strategic Pricing & Reimbursement
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Deputy Director, Strategic Pricing & Reimbursement, are to:
- Oversee price planning of launch and pipeline products;
- Conduct relevant pricing research, integrating clinical, market, and payer information, to determine optimal price attainable within context of product's value proposition to providers, payers, and patients;
- Collaborate with brand team management and functional leaders to set appropriate access and revenue objectives for launch products;
- Develop recommendations for pricing strategy and work with brand team management toward their approval by U.S. and global leadership;
- For inline products, provide input to annual pricing plan regarding competitive landscape and likely effects of price adjustments on payer management ;
- Conduct relevant reimbursement research (including coverage, coding, and payment) to develop strategic objectives for appropriate access among commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, and government payers;
- Develop reimbursement strategy to achieve objectives;
- Apply for Health Care Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) codes for products and support application in hearings and other communications with the Center for Medicate & Medicaid Services (CMS);
- Partner with Patient Access Services to develop and launch reimbursement HUBs to support buy-and-bill products;
- Provide content expertise to brand management in developing provider-targeted reimbursement tactics for use by sales representatives;
- Develop provider-targeted reimbursement tactics for use by Field Reimbursement Managers;
- Conduct field training and payer/provider webinars relevant to reimbursement;
- Provide input and guidance to the global organization with U.S. perspective on pricing and reimbursement of developmental compounds;
- Provide relevant input and guidance to brand management on potential product acquisitions;
- Anticipate, identify, and analyze changes in the pricing and reimbursement environment, gauge impact on Bayer products, and communicate to internal stakeholders;
- Collaborate with public policy and government affairs stakeholders to influence changes in policy.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's degree with five years' experience in U.S. Healthcare with an emphasis on pricing, contracting, reimbursement, new product development, and/or strategy OR Master's degree with three years' experience in U.S. Healthcare with an emphasis on pricing, contracting, reimbursement, new product development, and/or strategy;
- Project management skills with the ability to work in a matrix environment;
- Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal skills to foster collaboration and oral/written presentation skills;
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills including experience in developing financial models and the ability to succinctly and clearly communicate recommended modeling to the leadership team;
- Ability to simultaneously represent interests of multiple products across portfolio;
- Ability to be part of a Global Brand Team to deliver strong business contributions by optimal pricing strategies along with reducing business risk through providing reliable and valid research.
- Expertise in analyzing the perceived value of a product from the perspectives of the various market stakeholders, with profound knowledge of clinical studies, regulatory requirements, strategic marketing concepts, and quantitative and qualitative pricing research tools;
- Excellent understanding of market access needs across key stakeholders;
- Strong understanding of commercial payers, CMS, and legislative/policy issues related to pricing and reimbursement of company products.
- Deep knowledge of reimbursement of pharmacy and medical benefit products in all settings of care;
- Understanding of health outcomes, economic and other value as drivers of optimal price;
- Experience in planning, pricing and sequencing for new product launch;
- Knowledge and experience across several therapeutic areas -- experience in oncology, rare diseases, neurology, and/or women's.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Country: United States