Research Associate/Senior Research Associate - Protein Sciences
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a private biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a growing pipeline of drug candidates in various stages of development, including NGM282 that recently demonstrated proof-of-concept in a Phase 2 study in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). In 2015, we entered into a broad, strategic collaboration with Merck that provides us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our expanding pipeline of novel drug candidates.
We are recruiting a motivated team member, at the Research Associate or Senior Research Associate level, to join our Protein Sciences group.
- Purification and characterization of recombinant proteins from eukaryotic and prokaryotic expression systems, including antibody and non-antibody
- Experience with chromatography techniques including affinity, IEX, HIC, SEC and other industry standard resins
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date laboratory record, capable of following and/or developing SOPs
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written
- Attendance at research project team meetings and presentation of results.
- Requires a minimum Bachelors degree in Biochemistry, Biophysics, or a closely related discipline. Advanced degree is preferred
- Industry experience with 5+ years of practical hands-on experience
- In depth knowledge of protein chemistry
- Experience in common protein and antibody purification/characterization techniques including column chromatography, filtration, and UF/DF
- Expert knowledge of FPLC (GE AKTA) and Agilent (HPLC) systems
- Recombinant protein purification at up to gram scale
- Knowledge of high concentration (>100mg/mL) formulation development is preferred
- Must be flexible and capable of multitasking
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.