Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology
We are looking for a highly motivated and innovative candidate for the role of Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology. Reporting to the Director, In Vivo Pharmacology, this position is to support discovery teams focusing on identifying small and large molecules for the treatment of cancer, and to contribute to development teams by providing preclinical data to support the clinical development plan. The successful candidate is expected to develop and deliver the high quality in vivo and ex-vivo data in support of oncology target validation, discovery and development projects.
- Design, plan, prioritize, execute, and interpret in vivo studies focused on identifying candidate molecules and translational research within the area of oncology and immune-oncology
- Manage internal and external (academic and contract research organizations) resources to deliver quality data in an efficient manner
- Work closely with DMPK, Biology, Translational Medicine, and Project teams to determine key pharmacology questions and seek solutions.
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- A PhD in a relevant biological scientific discipline with a focus on oncology/immune-oncology research with 3+ years of post-PhD experience in academia or industry
- Understanding of key components and process of drug discovery, applied pharmacology and drug development.
- Strong knowledge of oncology disease processes, disease models, and current clinical treatments.
- Broad experience on generating in vivo pharmacology data to support the discovery and development of novel cancer therapeutics, including efficacy, tolerability, PK, PK/PD, and biomarker endpoints.
- Experience in utilizing preclinical cancer models (xenograft, syngeneic and PDX) and applied technologies enabling in vivo analyses.
- Expert in in vivo skills including animal handling, dosing of small or large molecules (iv, ip, po, and sc), sample preparation, and small animal surgeries.
- Familiarity with the regulatory requirements to remain compliant with IACUS and AALAC regulations.
- Understanding PK/PD relationship. Experience with PD assay development.
- Hands-on experience in relevant ex vivo experimental and molecular biology techniques such as cell culture, ELISA, qPCR, western blot, and immunohistochemistry; Flow cytometry and cell immunophenotyping is a plus.
- Ability to maintain proper scientific documentation associated with pharmacology studies in electronic lab notebooks, write technical reports and present summaries of research results.
- Evidence of a track record of scientific accomplishments
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment
About ORIC Pharmaceuticals
ORIC Pharmaceuticals is a privately held oncology company focused on making cancer treatments more effective by addressing mechanisms of resistance. ORIC was founded by Drs. Charles Sawyers MD and Scott Lowe PhD, who have strong records of discovering innovative treatments and targets in cancer. The company has assembled strong leadership and scientific teams and a board with extensive experience in drug development and financing. ORIC is funded by leading biotechnology investors, including The Column Group, Topspin Partners, OrbiMed Advisors, EcoR1 Capital, Fidelity Management & Research Company, Trinitas Capital, Foresite Capital, Taiho Ventures, Memorial Sloan Kettering, Kravis Investment Partners and NS Investment. ORIC is headquartered in South San Francisco, California.