Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Analytical Method Development
The qualified candidate will join the Pharmaceutical Sciences team to develop, qualify, and implement characterization and quantitative analysis of Heron products, including parenteral formulations, polymers, oligomers, and small molecules. Methods include HPLC, GC, and mass spectrometry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and qualify quantitative methods for small molecules and polymers.
- Trouble-shoot, calibrate, and maintain instruments for HPLC, GC, and mass spectrometric methods.
- Write SOPs, test methods, and development reports.
- Organize and maintain a safe, efficient laboratory environment.
- Keep up with new developments in analytical methods and make recommendations for implementation of new measurement methods and instrumentation.
- B.S. /M.S. in chemistry or related subject.
- 3+ year’s hands-on experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry with analytical tools for small molecules and polymers, including HPLC, GC, MS, and other physico-chemical methods.
- Experience with development and technology transfer to contract laboratories and quality control groups.
- Familiarity with GMP and GLP requirements.
- Facility with software for analysis of data, including Excel.
- Capable of independent design, execution, and interpretation of experiments.
- Strong quantitative and verbal skills.
The above description is intended to describe the general nature of the job and may include other duties as assumed or assigned; it is not intended to be all inclusive or limit the duties of the position.