This position will have primary responsibility for monthly close activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare consulting and small contracts CRO/CMO accrual schedules. Includes tracking, analyzing variances and ensuring proper month end cut off periods.
- Maintain prepaid and amortization schedules.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and reconciliations to support month end close.
- Maintain general ledger activities and use sales tax filing.
- Communicate with external vendors and internal personnel to provide information for month end close documentation.
- Assist with quarterly audit preparation as needed.
- Ensure all assigned activities are completed by the dates noted in the close schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensure compliance to company policy and procedures, as well as internal controls
- BA/BS degree in business, accounting or related field
- 2+years of accounting experience specifically in a general ledger capacity
- General understanding of accounting practices and methods, and general ledger account relationships
- Experience with an electronic accounts payable process environment, including purchase orders
- General knowledge of accounting principles
- Experience with general ledger accounts, including month-end closing processes
- Must be familiar with SOX compliance
- Strong computer skills that include Word and Excel
- Strong organization skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to perform functions with high level of accuracy, in accordance to company policy and IRS guidelines
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Effective, professional verbal and written communications skills
The above description is intended to describe the general nature of the job and may include other duties as assumed or assigned; it is not intended to be all inclusive or limit the duties of the position.