Analytical Research Associate
DuPont is seeking an Analytical Research Associate for our Industrial Biosciences Team. The job is based in Wilmington, DE but will require working in Collegeville, PA for up to 10 months.
DuPont Industrial Biosciences is focused on providing sustainable microbial control solutions, based on innovative science and technology in a wide variety of industries. These application areas range from preservation of personal care, latex, and paint products, to antimicrobial textiles, to treatment of large scale water process systems such as cooling water, pulp & paper and oil & gas fields. DuPont Industrial Biosciences is committed to maintaining and building our success, and we have an exciting opportunity for an Analytical Research Associate to join our R&D team.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- This role will involve carrying out analytical testing, analysis, and method development in support of R&D and customer, and regulatory projects.
- Activities will include collection & preparation of samples, material characterization, performing stability studies, determining residual biocide actives in a variety of matrices, and documenting results in written reports.
- The Analytical Research Associate will use a variety of instrumentation and methods of analysis including, but not limited to, HPLC,LC-MS, GC,GC-MS, Ion Chromotography, various wet chemistry techniques including Karl Fischer titrators, UV-spectrophotometers, and auto-titrators.
- The individual will work with scientists and technologists in a team based environment to support and drive projects to completion.
- Candidates should have a good understanding of analytical science and chromatography principles and possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills. He/she should be able to make ongoing contributions and improvements to test methods and equipment.
- The individual must be capable of working independently with minimal instruction and be a good problem solver.
- The individual must show strong initiative and be capable of independent work.
- Formulating and preparing samples for testing
- Generating data, maintaining electronic databases, documenting results in laboratory notebooks and reports
- Providing technical help and troubleshooting for existing laboratory processes and instrumentation
- Maintaining a safe and clean laboratory as well as all other assigned areas of responsibility
- Generating and maintaining documentation for the safe and productive operation of equipment and tools.
- Maintaining laboratory supply inventory
- Assisting in the installation and validation of new equipment and analytical tools
- Training new and existing personnel on equipment and procedures.
- Working safely in an R&D environment, actively participating in company safety programs
The following are required:
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree is required.
- Working experience in an analytical laboratory setting is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications and ability to learn new software and systems quickly.
- Familiarity with equipment interfaced to computer databases, software, and data acquisition systems
- A self-starter with ability to balance multiple projects on different timelines
- Proven ability and passion for working within a highly collaborative environment.
- Sets high standards of personal excellence and demonstrates these behaviors in work habits
- Strong mechanical skills, independent problem solving, and strong attention to detail
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent basis (U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, or Qualifying Asylee/Refugee).
- In 9-12 months, this role will move to our Wilmington, DE location.
The following are preferred:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry is highly preferred.
- Five years full-time working experience in an analytical laboratory setting
- Strong experience with GC and HPLC techniques is desirable
- Working knowledge and experience in GC/MS and LC/MS is desirable.
- A solid foundation in chemistry and basic organic chemistry is highly desirable
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.