Director, Clinical Data Management
The Director, Clinical Data Management is responsible for managing, leading, and overseeing all Clinical Data Management (CDM) planning and operational activities to meet corporate goals, budgets, and timelines. This includes but is not limited to vendor qualification and selection, budget planning and work closely internally with appropriate legal contracts group on all contract negotiations, development of corporate data standards, and training and oversight for all CDM services from study start-up through study close-out, final reporting, and archiving. The Director will be responsible for staffing and resourcing the CDM group appropriately. Additionally, the Director will supervise, manage, and lead the design, implementation and ongoing practices of clinical DM processes with internal study resources and/or vendors. This position reports to the Chief Medical Officer.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in science or related field
- 10 years of progressive CDM experience in biotech and/or pharmaceutical/drug development industry
- Global experience is highly preferred
- Experience in a hands-on early development role
- Demonstrated ability to handle a high volume of highly complex tasks within a given timeline
- Demonstrated, effective planning and project management skills, including risk assessment, contingency planning and ability to prioritize.