Executive Director, Program Management
AMAG is a biopharmaceutical company focused on bringing therapeutics to market that provides clear benefits and helps improve people’s lives. Our employees work to develop and deliver important therapeutics, conduct clinical research in areas of unmet need and create education and support programs for the patients and families we serve. AMAG's products support the health of patients in the areas of maternal and women's health, anemia management and cancer supportive care. Through CBR®, we also help families to preserve newborn stem cells, which are used today in transplant medicine for certain cancers and blood, immune and metabolic disorders and have the potential to play a valuable role in the ongoing development of regenerative medicine.
AMAG's core values -- accountable, collaborative, transparent, sense of urgency, and results focused -- provide an important framework for who we are and how we operate. Our values are also foundational to the way we do business and are key to how we execute on our five-year strategic plan 2015-2020: Growing, Building, Together. We take a patient-centric approach to continuing to grow our current products through meaningful investment in research to expand the utility of these products and a strong commitment to patients and support programs.
In addition, we seek to build our product portfolio with additional therapeutics that could benefit from our business and clinical expertise. The successful execution of our strategy hinges on a talented and motivated team of employees who work together to make our plans a reality. Every day, the people at AMAG aim higher, devoting our passion and perseverance to finding new and better ways to support the health of patients and families.
In this newly created strategic and hands-on role, you will be responsible for leading and executing multiple drug management programs and processes to bring products to market. You will provide cross-functional operational and program management leadership, strategic thinking and business acumen for the development programs for products or devices from phase II and III research to full lifecycle management.
- Establishes and leads strategies around planning, scheduling, risk management and quality assurance and control across all programs to the process of bringing products to market in a cost-effective manner within established timelines.
- Partners in pipeline portfolio management by building AMAGs capacity for managing project plans, timelines, and execution of research through development and clinical stages.
- Leads strategies to ensure that Clinical Development, Regulatory, Medical Affairs and Manufacturing plans are integrated and aligned for later stage clinical projects (phase II and III)
- Builds detailed project plans based on the development plan to aid in successfully completing project objectives and goals as determined by the Company Executive Committee.
- Provides structure and focus through project identification to the product market launch and lifecycle management.
- Monitor various processes from one phase to another, meeting timelines and dealing with vendors, stakeholders, and business leaders.
- Facilitates and organizes organizational understanding of cross-indication strategies and options along with inferences to optimize decision making and planning for molecules across multiple indications.
- Manages competing priorities such as quality and time to market through careful process in order to reduce risk.
- Ensure clear prioritization and execution of all projects in accordance with expectations, milestone deliverables, and budget.
- Partners with cross-functional teams charged with overseeing specific tasks and stages of product development.
- Conduct regular reviews to assess progress and adjust to keep projects on track, ensure quality, manage timelines, and stay within budget.
- Manages project management methodologies and tools; identifies and drives strategic initiatives such as process improvements, quality, risk management and/or departmental projects.
- Identifies and determines program and resource priorities that align with the business objectives and identifies ways to accelerate execution where possible while maintaining high-quality standards
- Promptly addresses and resolves project challenges, keeping leadership informed of critical concerns
- Generates collaboration, cooperation and communication across cross-functional teams to to build consensus around and achieve team goals
- Identifies and moves to resolve issues affecting team health and performance.
- Leads initiatives to develop, improve and implement PM operational standards.
- Build and lead a newly created, high-performing PM Team. Attract and retain top talent, establish clear roles and responsibilities, and determine ongoing development opportunities for the team.
- Establish, design and implementation of standard PM policies and processes.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- MS/Ph.D./PharmD. Degree and 10+ years in pharmaceutical project management (or BS degree with concentration in scientific discipline with 15+ Years of experience) with direct experience in the management of multiple drug development programs (which must include Phase II & III development activities) - preference for previously experience at a Director level within a project management function at another clinical-stage pharmaceutical/biotech organization.
- Previous extensive experience working within a fast-paced, clinical-stage pharma environment and managing planning, execution strategies, registration, commercialization and life cycle management is required.
- Project Management certification/training (PMP) and/or coursework & training in Project Management preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to think and translate knowledge and expertise to ensure critical factors are identified and understood by other development and cross-functional teams
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of project management systems
- Ability to mentor and develop skills of team members; ability to articulate and establish business processes
- Seasoned pharmaceutical/biotechnology program/project manager, with solid experience in leading drug programs from development into commercialization.
- Willingness to take a hands-on, “roll up your sleeves” approach toward achieving business objectives and goals.
- Ability to quickly gain credibility and confidence at all levels within the company.
- Proven leadership skills and strategic problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication skills