Microbial Formulation Scientist II
We are looking for an experienced scientist/engineer with a strong background in stabilization and formulation of microbes to join our R&D Formulation Team in Palo Alto, CA. The position calls for an individual with experience in preserving viable bacteria, fungi or yeast for extended storage. Expertise in microbiology, cell physiology, biochemistry, formulation science, and associated diagnostic analytical methods is required. Experience with preservation process technologies such as drying, cryopreservation, and microencapsulation is desirable. The applicant should have a proven track record of success in stabilizing and formulating viable commercial microbial products within a collaborative, fast-paced, team-oriented environment. This position will be responsible for supporting the development of innovative new microbial products.
- PhD or equivalent experience in microbiology, cell physiology, food science, fermentation, biochemical engineering, formulation science or related field
- Experience with microbiological characterization, microstructural, and metabolic diagnostic techniques such as microscopy, staining, fluorescent labelling, and flow cytometry
- Experience with formulation process technologies such as freeze-drying, spray drying, microencapsulation, with specific application to stabilizing bacteria, fungi or yeast cells
- A minimum of 3 years industrial or academic employment in the design and development of stable microbial formulations
- Team player, able to work with multi-disciplinary team and external collaborators
- Excellent communication skills
- Motivated self-starter with good organizational skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Some travel required
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.
For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law" poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here.