CLIA Laboratory General Supervisor
The general supervisor will be responsible for supervision and oversight of the laboratory operation and personnel. They will be responsible for managing the laboratory, and for reporting of results, quality assurance (QA) issues, and operational issues.
We are currently looking to hire a Lab Supervisor to work Sunday - Wednesday
What You'll Do
- Validate new molecular diagnostics assays and optimize existing ones
- Manage teams of CLSs and unlicensed personnel with the following duties, in a dynamic environment
- Clinical testing
- Equipment related duties such as calibration and preventive maintenance
- Training and competency
- Validate new molecular diagnostic assays
- Optimize and troubleshoot existing assays
- Work closely with engineering and automation teams to help handle rapid growth in sample volume
- Provide input to the QA department, which uses internal apps to prepare and maintain a host of regulatory documents
- Current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) or Clinical Genetic Molecular Biologist Scientist License (CGMBS), required
- At least 6 years of experience as a CLS, or 4 years of experience if candidate holds a Master’s degree
- Experience managing other personnel
- Ability to wield a pipette with high dexterity
- Ability to write crisply and communicate clearly
- Attention to detail and ability to work in a highly regulated environment
- Experience developing written procedures
- Outstanding bench experience with knowledge of the following:
- DNA Extraction
- PCR Amplification
- NGS techniques are a plus
Counsyl is a health technology company that offers DNA screening for diseases that can impact men, women and their children. The Counsyl philosophy is simple: screen for diseases where advanced knowledge makes a difference in health outcomes, whether it’s changing a behavior, pursuing preventative measures, or simply preparing for what lies ahead.
The Counsyl team includes an accomplished group of problem-solvers — top engineers, scientists, and designers — who are taking the lead on building the modern clinical laboratory. Scientific rigor, custom robotics, and software are at the heart of every Counsyl product, resulting in better, faster and more affordable screens that are broadly accessible. Beyond the laboratory, Counsyl offers doctors and patients a technology platform for results delivery in real time, with on-demand access to board-certified genetic counselors.
The company has raised a total of $102 million and is privately backed by Pilot Growth Equity, Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Founders Fund, Felicis Ventures, David Drummond, and other high profile investors.
Counsyl does not accept unsolicited resumes. Further, any resumes submitted to us without a signed contract will become the property of Counsyl, Inc.
Counsyl, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:Counsyl is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Counsyl are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Counsyl will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Counsyl encourages applicants of all ages.