Director, Research & Development, Immuno-Oncology, Vaccines
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Director, Research & Development, Immuno-Oncology, Vaccines located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in neuroscience, oncology, immunology, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
As the Director, Research & Development, Immuno-Oncology - Vaccines you will lead Janssen's research efforts directed towards the discovery and development of vaccine therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, and play a key role to execute and deliver Janssen's immuno-oncology strategy across areas of disease focus.
• Establish and lead world-class research infrastructure to build a robust product portfolio of vaccine programs to target cancer
• Provide leadership to pre-clinical and clinical vaccine programs in oncology
• Develop and implement immuno-oncology strategies to move vaccine programs from research to clinical testing, and help to develop strategies to existing clinical programs
• Identify, develop and advance key and novel platform technologies and manage PhD scientists and Associates within the department
• Work closely with Immuno-Oncology VP to develop and implement a comprehensive strategy in immuno-oncology strategy
• Build an external network of leaders with vision in the field of tumor immunology; seek out, champion, and develop strategic partnerships, implement and execute these projects
• Identify and evaluate new opportunities and alliances. Serve as a scientific guide in the vaccine space for immuno oncology related drug discovery and provide strategic and scientific recommendations on emerging opportunities for Oncology R&D.
• Work with senior leaders to provide mentorship and assist in developing overall strategy for Oncology Therapeutic Area
• Represent company at meetings and to potential collaborators, identify and establish outside collaborations, and build relationships across J&J sectors and with other companies, foundations, academia, or other potential partners to support the Oncology Franchise
• Manage and mentor a large scientific team
• Present and assemble complex data sets
• Interact with multiple stakeholders in a matrix environment
• Manage team budget
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Minimum of a Ph.D. degree with post-doctoral experience and greater than 12+ years business experience or 3-5 years of experience performing progressively advanced duties at the Sr. Principal Scientist/Associate Scientific Director level or the equivalent training/experience is required
- Established strong publication and track record in cancer vaccine space, particularly in immuno-oncology is required
- Ability to effectively manage and mentor a large scientific team(s) and direct and/or indirect people management experience is required
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple Discovery Programs is required
- Ability to present and assemble complex data sets is required
- Ability to interact in a matrix environment is required
- Up to 20% global travel required
- Ability to work in Spring House, PA is required