Translational Biology Scientist
Tango, a 2017 “Fierce 15” company, is an exciting new oncology company launched by Third Rock Ventures, one of Boston’s premier biotech funding groups. Our focus is on exploiting synthetic lethal interactions to discover and develop new breakthrough cancer therapies.
Our discovery efforts begin and end with patients. We invert the traditional discovery paradigm by putting patient selection before target identification. We use deep DNA sequencing and CRISPR-based screening to identify novel targets for specific subgroups of cancer patients. Our goal is to leverage the principles of synthetic lethality to find novel weaknesses in cancer cells and use them to provide a roadmap to cures. As we advance our molecules into the clinic, our trials will enroll the patients most likely to benefit from our new treatments; thereby enabling greater speed, success, and impact for those patients.
We are seeking a motivated and scientifically rigorous translational scientist for our collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment. The successful candidate will have a strong background in translational biology, and will assist with clinical assay development and biomarker evaluation. They will present data to the larger group and will function as an integral member of the team to advance novel cancer therapeutic targets.
- Conduct research on underlying mechanisms relevant to cancer combination therapies, indication expansion and drug resistance
- Design strategies for patient selection and stratification to progress preclinical programs to clinic
- Evaluate predictive biomarkers and the feasibility of their companion diagnostic tests
- Work as representative of translational biology group on drug development programs
- Collaborate with members in the biology, biochemistry and chemistry departments
- PhD in cancer biology. Post-doctoral experience preferred
- Solid understanding of cancer genetics and genomics
- Familiar with oncogenic pathways, targeted and immunotherapies
- Knowledge of biomarker evaluation strategies
- Knowledge of clinical assay development
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment, and a flexible team-oriented perspective is essential
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required