Sr Scientist I / Sr Scientist II, Vector Biology
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin's Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients' lives.
BioMarin's Vector Biology group is responsible for initiating and guiding gene therapy projects through the research, pre-clinical and clinical phases.
This is a position for a highly innovative, passionate, and energetic Scientist to develop adeno-associated viral vector technologies in an industry setting. The candidate should be extremely motivated to drive drug development.
Want to learn more about our ground-breaking science?
Human Factor VIII Expression and Normalization of Bleeding Following AAV Gene Therapy in a Double Knockout Mouse Model of Hemophilia (click on title as there is its hyperlinked)
Principal Scientist, Vector Biology - RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Principal / Sr Scientist is part of a multidisciplinary research team responsible for using BioMarin's Proprietary technology platform to develop gene therapy applications.
This person must have extensive experience with AAV vectors.
Major responsibilities include:
• Identification and development of new AAV Applications
• AAV Capsids development
• Vector design
• Optimize Vector Cassette
• Assist in management of projects with partners and/or contract laboratories
• Preferably 10 years of experience working as a scientist in an academic, research, laboratory setting or biotech/pharma company
• Exceptional publication record in leading peer reviewed journals
• Experience interpreting and presenting data to internal and external stakeholders, and at national and international meetings
• Strong critical, scientific, and strategic thinking skills; Strong problem solving and decision making abilities
• Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
• Experience and ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams
• Drug development and/or extensive research training
A Ph.D. in the Biomedical Sciences.
Strong consideration given to Molecular Biologists
This role directly handles and/or is in proximity to lentiviral or other viral vector based gene delivery systems.