Machine Operator I D1
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Machine Operator I D1, are to:
- Understand the potential hazards and safe equipment operating practices in a manufacturing environment;
- Understand the quality systems and guidelines that impact areas of responsibility including; component specifications, equipment operating parameters, data collection and cleanliness requirements;
- Ensure all potential equipment deficiencies and component defects are properly identified throughout areas of responsibility to ensure adherence to quality guidelines;
- Operate process test equipment to ensure process outputs in areas of responsibility conform to specified requirements (drawings and validated procedures);
- Operate custom machinery within manufacturing area. Operation may include: general machine operation, line balancing, loading assembly and packaging equipment with components, preventive maintenance and cleaning;
- Exercise effective communication and teamwork skills to collaborate with a broad group of cross-functional staff including production team members, QA, Maintenance and Engineering staff members;
- Provide guidance and training to lower level production personnel including other Machine Operators;
- Perform electrical/mechanical adjustments.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School Diploma/GED;
- One Year Basic operation of 25% of the plant automated assembly / packaging equipment or equivalent;
- Basic computer knowledge including proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel;
- Ability to utilize drawings and procedures for the efficient operation of equipment;
- Basic knowledge of hand tool and simple measurement device applications.
- Associate's Degree;
- One year of Technical analytical skills to assist with troubleshooting and resolving basic technical problems;
- Basic mathematical and measurement skills to run machinery and test equipment per specification.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Country: United States