Research Assistant, Biochemistry
At Fornia BioSolutions (https://forniabiosolutions.com), we have a group of innovative, hardworking and collaborative people who work together to make sustainable products for agricultural and environmental markets. We offer employees a great compensation package. The package includes highly competitive salary and bonus program, comprehensive medical plans (health, vision, and dental insurance), life and AD&D insurance, and short and long-term disability insurance, 401K plan, paid time off and corporate holidays. Fornia BioSolutions also provides employee stock options plans.
We are looking for highly motivated people willing to work in a fast-paced, highly rewarding, and scientifically stimulating environment.
- Work effectively with a multi-disciplinary group in setting up various microbial testing platforms at both small and large scale.
- Optimize assay conditions effectively and efficiently to validate the performance of microbial strains.
- Be able to reproducibly perform assays and validated results in a tiered setting.
- Perform literature review and discuss better alternatives/ modifications to existing protocols.
- Analyze data and present interpretations in team meetings.
- Assist automation lead in troubleshooting analytical equipment.
- Manage large data sets and communicate results to a multidisciplinary team.
- Keep diligent records and write SOPs.
- BS degree in Biochemistry, biology, chemistry or related field with 1-2 years of biotech industry or relevant academic experience.
- Experience in protein characterization, analytical biochemistry, and assay development in 96 well format.
- The familiarity of expression systems including bacteria, yeast, and fungi.
- Hands on experience on using UV/Vis spectroscopy, HPLC, DNA and protein electrophoresis. Familiarity with liquid handling systems preferred.
- Experience with data analysis using excel and statistics. Familiarity with DoE (Design of Experiments) preferred.
- The candidate should have excellent time-management skills along with good lab notebook maintaining and data recording skills.
- Detail oriented and meticulous. Well suited to work in a team setting as well as independently.
No unsolicited Employment Agency resumes are accepted.
Job Type: Full-time