Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Cellular & Molecular Biology
Adicet Bio, Inc. is a well-funded, privately held, preclinical stage biotechnology company that is engaged in the development of cutting-edge immunotherapies that have the potential to profoundly transform the treatment of cancer and other diseases and we are growing!
Adicet Bio, Inc. is a privately held, pre-clinical stage biotechnology company engaged in the design and development of cutting-edge immunotherapies with initial focus on cancer. Adicet is developing novel universal immune cell therapies based on gamma delta T cells engineered with Chimeric Antigen Receptors (CARs) or T Cell Receptors (TCRs). Adicet is also focused on identifying and validating cancer specific targets directed to the intracellular proteome and generating TCR-like MAbs (TCRLs) directed to these cancer-specific peptide targets presented by MHC Class I complexes. These TCRLs can be used to arm T cells, as T cell engagers or as Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADC). In August 2016, Adicet entered a strategic collaboration with Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. to develop next-generation engineered immune-cell therapeutics using Adicet’s gamma delta T cell allogeneic platform technology. Adicet Bio raised $51M in series A financing led by OrbiMed Partners, OrbiMed Israel, Novartis Venture Fund and Pontifax. Adicet Bio is located in Menlo Park, California.
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE/SENIOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
We are seeking a highly-motivated candidate with a strong basic research background in immunology and cell biology. This position requires expertise in multi color flow cytometry of immune cells, primary cell and tissue culture, general biochemical techniques such as transfections, western blotting, and ELISA. The successful candidate will work as a part of a multidisciplinary team, utilizing the latest technologies for cell engineering and contributing to the generation of novel cell based therapeutics for the treatment of cancer.
Perform research activities including isolation of PBMCs, flow cytometry, generation of retroviral, lentiviral, AAV vectors, transduction and expansion of immune cells, various cell-based and biochemical assays (cytotoxicity, ELISA binding) to support the Adicet Bio Discovery Group. Analyze data and summarize for presentation to the team.
- BS or MS in biological sciences or a related field
- 2+ years of relevant academic and industry experience in immunology, cell and/or molecular biology
- Experience in multi-parameter/multi-color flow cytometry is required
- Hands on experience in primary cell culture, cell-based assays, immunoassays, western blotting and flow cytometry are required
- Demonstrated proficiency to work aseptically in tissue culture
- Experience with handling of human biological specimens, particularly blood, isolation of PBMC using density gradient centrifugation (Ficoll). Separation of B, T and NK cells by cell enrichment and depletion using magnetic beads, or sorting is preferred
- Experience with data processing software such as GraphPad Prism, FlowJo or similar is required
- Ability to work independently, multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated, organized and disciplined record keeping
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills