Senior Scientist I/II - Process Chemistry
AbbVie is seeking an exceptional chemist to work in its Pressure and Catalysis Group within Process Chemistry at our Lake County, Illinois research campus (1401 Sheridan Road | North Chicago, IL 60064).
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013, following separation from Abbott. AbbVie combines the focus and passion of a leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capabilities of a long-established pharmaceutical leader, to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world's most complex and serious diseases. AbbVie employs approximately 29,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
The successful candidate will conduct research and development in catalysis spanning the continuum of the pharmaceutical pipeline. The candidate will collaborate within diverse project teams in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. A high level of individual productivity in the laboratory is required.
*Level will be based on education & years of experience*
The candidate must have the necessary theoretical and practical knowledge to do the job.
- A passion for science.
- Wide knowledge and experience in synthetic organic chemistry.
- A strong theoretical understanding and practical mastery of physical organic chemistry.
- Understanding of and proficiency in modern spectroscopic (NMR, FTIR, and MS) and analytical (HPLC, GC) techniques.
- Strong investigative and problem solving skills.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively in multiple, cross-functional teams.
- To identify the key questions or needs and then prioritize, plan, and execute accordingly.
- To contribute to and uphold a culture of safety.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
If you are interested in a career with AbbVie, our culture, news and work environment, join our Talent Community to learn more.
Connect with us!