Digital Workplace Solutions Governance & Content Protection Technical Manager
Provide technical leadership to the AbbVie Digital Workplace Solutions Team focusing on strategic planning, design, engineering, development, implementation, and execution of Content Protection initiatives related to the management of unstructured content on collaboration platforms such as File Shares, Office 365 and SharePoint 2013. Leads the definition and ongoing maintenance of application, service and platform governance models including standards, best practices and review boards. Investigate, identify, and implement state-of-the-art technology platforms that drive productivity and efficiency gains in own function and throughout multiple business areas. Act as a lead engineer in his/her area of expertise and critically evaluate relevant technological advances and integrate this knowledge into new business technology solutions. Details include content protection design specifications, implementation of POCs, mentoring junior team members, and performing content protection design reviews. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures. Understands and contributes to the Digital Workplace Solution's vision, goals and strategies while championing change, innovation agility and flexibility. Defines and coordinates all Digital Workplace Solution's standards, governance models and review boards including but not limited to project, application, service and platform governance. Defines and coordinates Content Protection technical standards, best practices and governance models. Provides security and file management guidance to Enterprise customers Coordinates with business technology organizations to ensure that content protection solutions meet the needs of the business and complies with internal and external audit requirements. Responsible for the plan, build and maintenance of the Varonis File Storage Management platform responsible for monitoring and reporting on file share content. Responsible for the operations and continual improvement of the SharePoint Recertification solution and associated processes for AbbVie's on-premise SharePoint environment. Responsible for collaborating with AbbVie data retention and legal teams to establish an archiving strategy and implementation plan for SharePoint content. Defines, implements and monitors the data protection controls for Office 365 SharePoint content, including site data classification, user, and site administrator recertification activities. Lead architect in the planning and design of Content Protection technical architecture. Conducts and leads design and technical reviews to ensure adherence to standards/strategies and optimal solution deliver Identifies and supports AbbVie's enterprise application elements, platform elements and framework components (branding, common solutions, etc.) Establish and maintain high-quality relationships with all levels across the company and with external partners including internal audit, data retention and corporate legal.
- Gathering technical requirements and translating them into Content Protection solutions along with other members of the team.
- Developing and delivering internal presentations to various levels. Performing benefit analysis for Content Protection solutions and calculating business value. Leads the evaluation of new application tools and Proof of Concepts for Content Protection technologies Leading continual improvement of defined governance models Managing diverse responsibilities, projects and assignment while maintaining a high level of quality. Facilitates knowledge-sharing across the AbbVie BTS community
- Education preferably in Computer Science or MIS
- Bachelor's Degree with 12 years' experience in Infrastructure, platform management, technical/platform governance, and/or content management, including 1-3 years people management experience.
- Master's Degree or MBA with 10 years' experience is preferred, including 1-3 years people management experience.
- The incumbent must have 10-12 years of business experience with 1-3 years people management experience in infrastructure, platform management, technical/platform governance, content protection, security and/or controls.
- Demonstrated excellence in complex technologies, enterprise project delivery and support, software development lifecycles, and translating concepts to outcomes
- Proven ability to work directly with the client/business to elicit/document requirements and drive functional vision
- Experience working with Internal/External audit and Information Security to implement and operate content protection policies is a definite plus
- Experience with defining, designing, implementing and maintaining governance policies and procedures within Office 365
- Strong Presentation skills, consultative selling skills and relationship skills
- Experience working in an FDA-regulated business (e.g. validated software related to medical, pharmaceutical, or life sciences products) or other regulated industry (such as finance).
- Experience engineering enterprise content protection solutions using Varonis software for windows-based, Linux/Unix-Based, SharePoint, and Cloud-based content.
- Experience in working with Office 365 and managing security and content controls in SharePoint online
- -2-5 years management experience in Varonis Software Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled