BTS Financial Planning Senior Analyst
Provide direct support to AbbVie financial planning projects. The candidate will understand the financial planning processes and how to leverage enabling technologies of SAP, data warehousing, master data management and TM1. Applies expertise to complete tasks which support financial planning projects and FP&A solution requests. Provides solutions to the functional teams with a global perspective to ensuring systems are integrated to the standardized planning platforms. Discovers and evaluates business needs to recommend, develop and implement future financial planning solutions bringing value and continuous improvement to the business. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures. This includes any PII or SOX policies and procedures
- Uses appropriate tools to collect, correlate and analyze data; records and maintains technical data for use in developing operating and instruction manuals.
- Conducts tests (Functional and UAT); develops preliminary findings for review by experienced analysts.
- Assists in the development of standards and procedures. Prepares written reports of work. Applies and executives standard information systems theories, concepts and techniques.
- Determines approach and solution to problem when issue is within scope of own ability. Develops solutions to problems where casual relationships can be identified and precedents exist.
- Conducts users training
- Applies analytical thinking skills to diagnose and make recommendations on systems. Incorporates knowledge of business and technology to make recommendations. Translates data gathered from user discussions into business requirements. Identifies business/system needs and recommends solutions.
- Assists with the testing strategies and develops preliminary findings. Work is performed and technical decisions are made with a high degree of independence and performance is judged by results obtained
- Analyzes departmental processes and needs, and makes recommendations that are most effective means to satisfy those needs. Analyses the most complex work procedures and job methods and presents concepts to simplify those procedures
- Works effectively with team/group to accomplish organizational goals. Actively participates in client or team meetings by offering suggestions
- Monitors and organizes the efforts of technical and business support staff. Manages projects according to milestones and completes tasks assigned by more experienced analysts and managers. Guides the efforts of less experienced staff. Exercises latitude in approach to problem and solution. Work is reviewed for soundness of business judgment and to determine if overall results and objectives have been achieved.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent plus 6 or more years technical experience
- Understanding of financial planning processes
- TM1/ PA and/or SAP experience a plus
- Data Warehouse experience a plus
- Familiarity with Master Data Management
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled