Director, Consumer Marketing, U.S. Commercial Oncology
The Consumer Marketing Director will work closely with multiple commercial operations teams to ensure success in development of strategy, creative and tactical plans. Internally, the Consumer Marketing Director will foster positive working relationships and be highly collaborative with the HCP marketing team, sales force, medical affairs, medical and regulatory review, market research, sales training, business analytics, customer experience and media teams. Externally, the Consumer Marketing Director will lead and establish strong and collaborative relationships with all agency partners. Primary responsibilities for this leadership position will include but not limited to:
- Lead the development of the consumer strategic and tactical plan development (disease awareness and branded) for all indications across Oncology (Hematology & Solid Tumors) to include investment decisions across indications and channels to maximize the value of all portfolio assets to patients, caregivers and physicians.
- Collaborate with external agencies, internal partners and leadership to build, manage and execute marketing plans to achieve business objectives and goals.
- Lead the development and tactical execution of all DTC advertising for brand awareness, disease awareness, acquisition and conversion initiatives through a variety of channels including broadcast, CRM, direct marketing, in-office, print, SEM, digital, social and mobile.
- Work with internal cross functional groups (Public Affairs, Professional Marketing, Global Marketing, Legal, Regulatory, Medical) and external agencies to ensure integration and consistency of consumer business strategies and regulatory compliance of promotional material.
- Work with the Consumer Marketing Leadership Team to identify, pilot and develop new capabilities to sustain and improve business performance and maintain competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Work with Market Research to develop and implement patient journeys across all relevant consumer segments and ensure that activating insights are developed and leveraged across all consumer strategies and tactics.
- Monitor and understand the rapidly changing competitive landscape across Oncology to quickly develop actionable strategic and tactical implications across AbbVie's Oncology portfolio.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of campaign strategies through campaign measurement and metrics development to ensure achievement of brand objectives and a positive return on investment.
- Act as the Brand Steward across the portfolio to ensure consistent brand execution across all customer groups to insure all AbbVie Oncology brands have a consistent voice and build brand equity over time that is consistent with the brand's positioning in a way that is differentiating from the competition.
- Develop and oversee budget for assigned initiatives.
- Supervisory/Management Responsibilities - will be responsible for responsible for working with the Head of Consumer Marketing Immunology & Oncology to build the Oncology Consumer Marketing Team.
- BA/BS Required, MBA Preferred
- 10+ years of consumer marketing experience with both broadcast and digital marketing.
- Oncology experience required, preferably 5 years of operational experience at a minimum.
- Understanding of the basic principles of brand management, including brand positioning and overall campaign development.
- Experience working with and managing multiple external agencies including advertising, media, digital and database agencies and internal partners.
- Apply marketing concepts in the development of marketing plans and programs including brand positioning, brand architecture, SWOT analysis, competitive assessment, market research, marketing objectives/strategies, patient segmentation, etc.
- Excellent communication (oral, written, and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with all levels in a matrixed organization.
- Demonstrated track record of high performance as evidenced by awards or other recognition and accomplishments.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the “essence”, and can change course quickly when necessary.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions, and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation, and manages innovation to reality.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled