Senior Marketing Manager-US- Upadacitinib
The upadacitinib Senior Marketing Manager (SMM) will lead key elements of launch planning. The SMM will coordinate across both internal and external stakeholders to enable an integrated and successful launch. Strategic elements of the role will include everything from deep understanding of customer insights through engagement strategies to closed loop marketing. The SMM will be responsible for elements such as synthesis of market research insights and complex clinical data, portfolio positioning strategy, segmentation, brand development, creative campaign ownership and innovative tactical execution. Importantly, the SMM must be able to operate in an environment of change and uncertainty, maintain highly collaborative relationships across a large variety of cross-functional partners, and be proactive in bringing solutions to the forefront. Job Description:
- Upadacitinib clinical profile- The SMM will be charged with deeply understanding complex clinical data across 6 and more trials, within a cluttered future competitive environment, with the goal of making strategic trade-offs on key product strategic pillars and promotional messaging. This individual will be the primary brand conduit to global and US medical affairs to ensure customer needs are understood as the medical team develops plans for publications.
- RA market environment- This person will be responsible for thoroughly understanding broad market dynamics, current/future trends, competitors, and white space opportunity for future entrants. The SMM will also partner closely with marketing analytics and business insights as well as other cross-functional partners to garner rich understanding of all customer segments, their attitudes, motivations and behavioral drivers to be able to identify meaningful activating insights.
- Portfolio development- This individual will be responsible for leading the strategic marketing development for the portfolio of products we will bring to rheumatologists. He/she will be responsible for identifying the opportunities to cross-promote both HUMIRA and upadacitinib and the strategic approach to applying the segmentation in a simple and executable fashion that is aligned and understood by all key stakeholders.
- Product Fulfillment- This person will be responsible for partnering with MHC, access/reimbursement/ and trade to develop the upa sampling, delivery, and fulfillment strategy. In addition, this individual will partner across the groups to ensure and operationalize a consistent experience for HCPs, staff, and patients from the time that a sample is initiated through to the first fill.
- EE engagement- The SMM will oversee all elements of external expert engagement, including gaining feedback through advisory boards, as well as congress management.
- Sales force engagement- The SMM must partner closely with the sales force and sales training to develop comprehensive and effective tools that will allow for a strong launch.
- Senior leadership engagement- The SMM will collaborate closely with the director on a host of scheduled and impromptu launch updates (including 3 remaining launch readiness reviews with US President) to make sure that confidence in launch planning remains high, that we seek advice/decisions at appropriate times, and that we are showcasing integration of launch planning across functional teams.
- Label strategy- This individual will also partner with the director in collaborating with the Regulatory team to ensure a robust US label, providing input on key Regulatory milestones, including FDA discussions and NDA filing.
- Brand strategy and creative development- Individual will oversee the core brand development team to develop key pillars of the brand including the global campaign, including differentiation strategy, global imagery, and global core message elements.
- 360 degree promotion- This individual will lead upa and AbbVie in the development and implementation of a '360- degree promotional plan' for upadacitinib. The person will develop a strategy to create a closed loop marketing environment around our HCP customers that includes all channels including the salesforce. This person will need to work closely with key internal stakeholders to enable data to help drive more decision making at the individual HCP customer.
- Maintain and support a positive team culture- the SMM will partner closely with all members of the IBT, R&D, global teams, and agency partners to ensure he/she understand all elements of the launch, ensuring partnership and a seamless, integrated approach.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4+ years of relevant brand marketing experience
- Experience leading vendor or agency of record partners
- Strong analytical/problem solving and effective communication skills
- Strategic thinker with entrepreneurial characteristics
- Proven ability to work and lead across functions and teams to drive alignment and success
- Strategic and tactical planning experience
- Sales experience
- Management experience (direct reports or cross-functional team)
- MBA or other advanced degree
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- 25% Travel