Senior Scientist, Pharmacokinetic (PK) Data
The DMPK Department at AbbVie Bioresearch Center (ABC) in Worcester, MA is seeking a highly motivated scientist to join our Bioanalytical team to support the discovery of novel biologics therapeutic agents for the treatment of immunological diseases, oncology, and neurological disorders.
The ABC DMPK group is equipped with state of art analytical instruments in both ligand binding assay and mass spectrometry. The group has responsibilities for PK and biomarker support for Immunology locally at the Worcester site, as well as global responsibilities in providing non-GLP PK and ADA method development and sample analysis for biologics projects including ADCs, across all therapeutic areas at AbbVie.
The scientist will be responsible for reviewing ligand binding and LC/MS bioanalytical raw data from PK, TK and pharmacology, PD studies of biologics drug candidates, providing PK, TK and exposure data analysis and reporting to discovery and early development project team representatives.
In addition, the data scientist will bridge bioanalytical raw data review (ligand binding and mass spec) to PK/TK and PK/PD data analysis and facilitate the development of streamlined processes for expedited bioanalytical data review. The successful candidate will also be responsible for identifying electronic tools to support streamlined data analysis coming from high throughput bioanalytical operations, ensure alignment with BA team on quality assurance practices while managing tight timelines.
- Experience with ligand binding assay is required and experience with LC/MS is desired.
- Bioanalytical experience with mAb, ADCs and fusion protein PK studies are desired.
*Level will be based on education & years of experience*
Ph.D. in Bioanalytical science, pharmacokinetics, Pharmaceutical Science, Pharmacology, or other relevant fields with 0+ years of experience, or MS in above fields with 3+ years of experience.
Strong knowledge of bioanalytical principles with basic understaning of pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and drug metabolism, ADME concepts are also critical.
Experience with ELN, LIMS, Phoenix/WinNonlin or other pharmacokinetic software is desired.
Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and presentation skills are required.
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to represent DMPK-BA in a team environment are essential.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled