Sr. Counsel, Brand Legal
The Senior Counsel position is responsible for handling a variety of healthcare-related legal, regulatory and compliance issues governing on-market and pipeline products with a primary focus on the anti-kickback statute, false claims act and advertising and promotional regulations.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Serve as Senior Counsel for one or more pharmaceutical brands and frequently interact with and provide substantive advice to Marketing, Medical Affairs and Regulatory Affairs departments concerning a broad range of legal, regulatory and compliance issues, including FDA regulations, False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, OIG guidance, the PhRMA Code, the Sunshine Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and competition law in connection with product labeling, promotional and non-promotional activities.
• Responsible for preparing, reviewing and negotiating complex commercial agreements, 3rd party vendor agreements, service agreements, pharmacy agreements, consulting agreements and other corporate agreements.
• Provide legal advice and assistance for the development of policies and training, and conduct training. Resolve routine legal matters in practice area with direct supervision as needed from more experienced attorneys. Assist more experienced attorneys in resolving complex legal issues on cross-functional projects.
• Develop knowledge of AbbVie's business and supported client areas. Keep abreast of changes in laws that affect client areas.
• Resolve legal issues using negotiation skills and legal expertise. Advise legal department managers of project developments in a timely manner. Execute core job responsibilities in a timely manner.
• Help select and direct the work of outside counsel, define project objectives, manage project and budget.
• Assigned matters may have direct impact on business activities and operations. Generally advises Managers and Directors and must have ability to work cross-functionally and find solutions for clients consistent with the law, policies/procedures and AbbVie's Code of Conduct.
• No direct department budget responsibility must however operate within budget. Where necessary, develops budgets for assigned legal matter with supervision from more experienced attorneys.
• Responsible for managing 2 attorneys.
- J.D. required.
- Minimum 7+ years of relevant experience (previous pharma experience a plus).
- Developing proficiency in practice area.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled