Technology Engineer II
Technical expert that will independently identify, engineer, and optimize new data, software, or technology solutions that address critical business needs. Continuously seek to improve existing methods and processes. Read and adapt literature and publically available information to accomplish assignments. Demonstrate proficiency in a broad range of techniques and methods for information technology engineering, including software development, data warehousing, statistics, machine learning, and/or technology infrastructure (including servers, storage, network connectivity, and virtualization/cloud environments). Technology Engineers will be aligned to a specific area: Information, Software, Data, or Infrastructure. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Independently design and develop data, software, or technology solutions to answer scientific or business questions. Demonstrate proficiency across a range of technologies related to programming languages, data integration, data warehousing, and data visualization and analysis.
- Understand the broad objectives of the project as well as his/her role in achieving those objectives, and modify approach when required. Escalates open issues to ensure execution success and keeps stakeholders informed through effective verbal and written communication.
- Learn, understand and master new methods and technologies, and act as a resource or mentor for others.
- Effectively organize and present project objectives and progress. Contribute to technical publications and presentations.
- Obtain estimates/quotes from vendors and provide as input into overall project time and cost estimates.
- Maintains relationships with affiliates, subsidiaries, and vendors in accordance with Abbvie Values, Vendor Management Office, and Purchasing to further the mission, vision and goals of the organization.
- Produces and maintains required technical documentation associated with work product.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.