Associate Scientist/Scientist, Oncology Core Cell Line Biorepository & Molecular Biology
The Translational Oncology group at Abbvie uses advanced methods to discover biomarkers and implement translational medicine strategies to progress Abbvie's innovative Oncology pipeline. We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team to conduct day-to-day activities in support of our core cancer cell culture facility. The Scientist will work in a multi-disciplinary team focused on translational research.
- Managing daily activities to operate and maintain an oncology cell line bank: maintenance and propagation of human tumor cell cultures, cryopreservation, and maintenance of stocks, inventory and database
- Perform biochemical and cellular assays including compound screening, data acquisition and analysis, and report generation
- BS or MS in a science related discipline with at least 3+ years and a bachelors degree or MS with relevant lab experience.
- Research experience in molecular biology techniques
- Knowledge of biobanking and inventory LIMS platforms and familiarity with automation is preferred
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills as well as strong team orientation
- Cancer cell culture background and proven track record of sterile technique for cell culture
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled