Senior Scientist II, Process Chemistry
AbbVie is seeking a Senior Scientist to conduct chemical process research and development from pre-clinical through commercialization. The candidate will be based out of our North Chicago, IL laboratories.
- We seek a highly motivated scientist, with a proven track record of accomplishment in the field of organic synthesis, to work in a multi-functional team environment.
- The candidate will be responsible for developing and executing synthetic organic chemistry that provides practical access to potential therapies, which may include small molecules and/or antibody drug conjugates.
- The position involves multi-disciplinary interactions with organic chemists, analytical chemists, engineers, and solid state scientists.
*Level and compensation will be commensurate with experience.*
- BS with 10+ years of experience; MS with 8+ years of experience, or PhD with 0+ years of experience.
- A broad range of functional expertise in modern synthetic organic chemistry, compound purification, spectral analysis/interpretation.
- An ability to search the chemical literature and evaluate potential solutions to synthetic problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to work occasional nights and weekends, when necessary.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.