Manager, Global Commercial Finance
The Manager, Global Commercial Finance oversees the financial planning and analysis processes and requirements across businesses supported. Provides financial guidance in compliance with financial policies, prepares management analysis of actual vs. benchmark results, provides business decision support and leads key projects and initiatives to improve financial processes. The Finance Manager interacts with all levels of finance and business management. Provides required planning deliverables to meet AbbVie Corporate FP&A requirements. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee/manage all aspects of monthly, quarterly and annual Plan, LRP and LBEs as required, including P&L, headcount, balance sheet and capital using planning system. Partners with business and proposes solutions to achieve budget within guidelines and to operate within approved budget.
- Provides relevant variance analysis for each planning cycle and develops meaningful management reporting schedules and ensures accuracy and predictability of results and key metrics.
- Supports Accounting Shared Service monthly close process to ensure complete, accurate and timely monthly actual results, including variance analysis and commentary for P&L, headcount and balance sheet. Understands monthly results and both prepares and reviews meaningful monthly management reporting packages with businesses
- Collaborates and provides routine business support to enable informed decision-making
- Provides financial reviews and approvals (purchase order requests and invoices)
- Supports key projects and initiatives (e.g. planning system standardization, management reporting and optimization) and drives process improvements. Supports ad hoc analysis as required
- Develop and manage staff to ensure production of high quality and timely work product.
- May be responsible managing a staff directly or indirectly.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting. CPA or MBA a plus.
- Minimum 7+ years of progressive and related experience.
- Strong financial, analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-starter with ability to operate independently, drive processes, identify and implement process improvements, establish and adjust priorities to achieve objectives and operate with speed and agility.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), with all levels of management and including the ability to listen well and to influence others that do not report directly.
- Proficient Excel skills.
- Knowledge of SAP and TM1 a plus.
- Previous supervisory experience desired.