Senior Scientist I/II, Process Development
The Process Research and Development organization within AbbVie is seeking a highly motivated individual with a proven track record of accomplishment in synthetic chemistry to join the Process Chemistry team at our Worcester MA site.
- Work in a multi-functional team environment.
- Develop and execute state of the art synthetic organic chemistry routes to provide practical access to drug candidate targets.
- Daily interactions with various allied scientific disciplines in Discovery and Development.
Position will be hired based on level of experience.
- BS, MS or PhD degree in Organic Chemistry or related field with 10-12+ (BS), 8-10+ (MS), or 0-3+(PhD) years of industrial experience.
- Strong knowledge and technical background in the development and execution of synthetic organic chemistry routes.
- Proficient with analytical techniques such as HPLC, GC, and NMR spectroscopy.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to work within a team environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled