Senior Manager/Manager, Strategic Payer Value Assessment
Advances in scientific and technological research are opening up new, promising treatments for previously difficult to treat diseases, increasing the demand on already constrained healthcare budgets. The challenging economic and political environment is leading payers, and the increasing number of market access stakeholders, to demand better outcomes at lower cost to overall health system. The escalating tension between cost and value means that the bar is higher for proving added benefit with RWE and patient relevant outcomes a focus in an increasingly competitive environment.
To succeed in this environment, we (AbbVie) need to fully understand market value drivers, identify the evidence required for Pricing, Reimbursement and Access (PRA), and work with the evidence generating functions to ensure that evidence generated will support successful PRA negotiations.
Strategic Payer Evidence Value Assessment is a newly created global function within Global Market Access & Pricing that would help to drive remarkable impact by achieving timely access for patients with optimal price, time to reimbursement and level of access. The primary goal of the function is to ensure a robust and aligned HTA strategy across the organization in order to ensure the successful launch of Abbvie assets.
The Strategic Payer Evidence Value Assessment Manager positions will report into the Global Head of Payer Evidence Assessment and Evaluation who is based in our UK offices in Maidenhead.
The Strategic Payer Evidence Value Assessment Manager Positions will be considered to be based in Chicago, Asia Pacific and key European markets
Access evaluation is the systematic review of AbbVie products with the objective of establishing reimbursement and product coverage in key HTA markets. It may include:
- Robust review of the PRA landscape, unmet need associated value drivers
- Review of the clinical data in the context of comparator products or standards of care, and identify evidence requirements
- Review and develop of the economic value proposition for our products
Key objective of role:
The Strategic Payer Evidence Assessment and Evaluation function will drive strategy and process to ensure positive HTA outcome by optimizing price, time to reimbursement and level of access
- Monitoring evolving HTA technical and evidentiary requirements and shaping new methods with external partners
- Lead the development of the HTA strategy in close collaboration with the internal cross-functional teams and external stakeholders
- Develop HTA payer engagement plans and sort early scientific advice from HTA agencies and other external experts
- Coordinate input into payer evidence plans by gathering intelligence from multiple markets
- Internal stakeholders includes: Global Market Access & Pricing; Global Health Economics and Outcomes Research; Affiliates; R&D; Commercial; Medical and Regulatory
- Ensure clear lines of communication on progress and issues with the internal team, including senior management
- Support the development of global Payer evidence deliverables, working in close collaboration with global colleagues and external vendors
- Support to areas and core affiliates on questions from HTA agencies by coordinating across evidence generation functions at global level (Medical Affairs, HEOR and Clinical Development)
- Provide early advice on key asset cost-effectiveness and pricing through the use and development of appropriate frameworks and models
- A minimum of 8 years of experience gathered in market access and 2-4 years in health economics with a preference for candidates with an advanced degree in health economics, life sciences, health service, or related discipline (MSc, PhD)
- A deep understanding of pricing and reimbursement processes across key markets
- Skilled in developing strategy to secure positive recommendations from influential HTA bodies
- Experience of developing reimbursement (HTA) submissions
- Experience and strong ability in working collaboratively across matrix functions
- Strong project management capability with adherence to strict timelines
- Skilled in translating complex concepts into simple language
- Deep understanding of health economic concepts
- Understanding of evidence synthesis techniques
- Experience of identifying and addressing evidence gaps relevant to demonstrating Cost Effectiveness.
- Ability to work collaboratively across matrix functions
- Ability to build strong and enduring relationships with renowned External Experts
- Inspires and motivates others toward a shared purpose
- Influences colleagues to achieve cross-functional alignment
- Deals comfortably with risk and ambiguity, changing course when needed.
- Makes timely, high-quality decisions with less than perfect information.
- Sets clear strategies and robust implementation plans.
- Acts respectfully yet courageously; says what needs to be said
- Communicates openly and honestly with all colleagues
- Connects unrelated concepts, generates original or unique ideas
- Persistent and resilient —finds the way to move good ideas forward
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled