Early Career Manager - Clinical Trial Operations Development Program
Clinical Trial Operations Development Program Manager
AbbVie is seeking qualified candidates for a Program Manager opening to join our Talent Acquisition team supporting a newly established Clinical Trial Operations Development Program. There is a great deal of variety and rewarding work with this role. Today you might be sourcing life science majors at one of our key universities. Next you'll be providing valuable coaching and feedback to an early career talent. Tomorrow you may be working with a team of senior leaders to create program strategy and identifying leadership training. You will also work with colleagues to share best practices and enhance the quality of the Development Program experience at AbbVie. Some key priorities for this role include providing leadership and strategic direction to define, execute, and manage AbbVie's Clinical Trial Operations Development Program. This role will be responsible for prospecting candidates, recruitment and selection, member development and coaching, identifying assignments and mentors, selecting development training, establishing a hiring forecast, plan functional social and development events, conducting program on-boarding, managing program budget, collaborating with the Clinical Operations Steering Committee, and responsible for reporting key metrics. Recruitment and selection is focused in the US for approximately 12 full-time hires and 20 interns per year across 6 targeted universities. Once hired, the member management includes an established group of approximately 24 members who rotate through three; 8 month rotations across the Clinical Operations organization.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Attracting top talent and developing a strong, qualified and diverse candidate pool for current and future openings.
- Develop sourcing and selection strategies at targeted university partners.
- Manage open requisitions, update and manage Taleo ATS and Yello campus software, achieve recruiting metrics and drive key accomplishments.
- Provide career coaching to development program members.
- Establish a true business partnership with senior leaders, hiring managers, business human resources, talent management and talent acquisition on all program manager related activities.
- Conduct on-boarding activities for new hires, assignment managers, and mentors.
- Partner with Talent Management and the assignment managers to deliver talent assessments and calibration sessions.
- Establish and deliver a training curriculum focused on functional and leadership development.
- Compile and communicate program management knowledge, industry overviews, and market trends to team members and business leaders.
- Oversee the pre-employment process, as well as prepare and approve offer packages, and providing equity and market competitiveness data research
- Ensures compliance to state and federal employment laws and AbbVie policies and practices for applicant tracking compliance and reporting metrics.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum of 5+ Years in Human Resources.
- Experience in direct management of people inclusive of delivering formal feedback on performance.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively influence others at all levels in an organization.
- Ability to create winning talent strategies.
- Enthusiasm for talent and the desire to help shape future leaders.
- Execution ability in project management.
- Prior experience as a recruiter and/or HR generalist.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled