Business Process Owner, Pharmacovigilance
The PPS Business Process Office (BPO) sits within the Strategy Management Office sphere in Pharmacovigilance & Patient Safety (PPS). The Strategy Management Office is comprised of experts in project and program management, process excellence, communications and change management and strategic operations. The Strategy Management Office supports PPS colleagues in implementing key business strategies and initiatives.
The Business Process Office is comprised of Business Process Owners (BPO's) accountable for the governance and oversight, health and performance of PPS' key end-to-end processes. The BPO partners closely with the business and external stakeholders to ensure alignment of people, process and technology.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Establishes process strategy, objectives and long-range roadmap with input from key stakeholders (including business and IT); identifies, facilitates/implements process changes
- Monitors and reports process performance against KPIs and process health vs. plans. Designs / oversees Performance Measurement/Management Plan.
- Gains in-depth understanding of a process, how the Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) work in the process, process strengths and weaknesses, individual frustrations, etc. Is an expert in the process itself.
- Engages stakeholders across the process including, process workers (SMEs), business owners, leadership and IT to ensure alignment on process and resource priorities; validates the merit and applicability of initiatives across functions
- Forms strong partnership with business and aligns with them on key process and systems decisions, including the prioritization of initiatives
- Synchronizes process and system improvement plans with other process owners; prioritizes work across processes
- Primary point of contact for process and system related decisions; represents end-to-end process(es) in key meetings and with external stakeholders
- Actively gathers external benchmarking and best practices as input to process decisions; maintains active knowledge and awareness of all associated regulations
- Maintains regular process health checks, as well as checks to review the impact of new implementations
- Responsible for all relevant policies, procedures and training plans related to the process
- Bachelor's degree, Master's preferred
- Must have 6 years process management experience
- LSS/LEAN certification desired
- Strong relationship management skills, Emotional Intelligence and communication skills required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled