Senior Research Statistician
Statistics is responsible for providing services in the area of biostatistics and mathematics to all corporate divisions. These services are supplied in the context of a cooperative, project-oriented effort and included statistical planning and scientific input in general planning and execution of clinical trials, pre-clinical trials and other experiments as well as integration of all scientific expertise and available technologies to provide statistical analysis of the data from these trials. These services also include the generation of scientific reports summarizing the trial or experimental results for communication to regulatory agencies and scientific audiences. We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Research Statistician in Clinical Statistics based in North Chicago, IL Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide statistical expertise for design, analysis and reporting of clinical or scientific research studies.
- Develop standardized reusable JReview Objects and Views. Work with Medical Safety Evaluation (MSE) and PST Statisticians to formulate, conduct, and interpret appropriate queries of safety data using JReview and other analytic tools. Develop, as needed, ad-hoc JReview objects and views for evaluating potential safety signals. Champion and promote the use of safety review tools (e.g., JReview and SDRT) among PST physicians and MSE.
- Participate in the development and subsequent utilization of statistical tools for conducting meta-analyses of safety date & for benefit-risk analyses.
- Works collaboratively with multi-function teams to complete project deliverables per agreed timelines. Keeps management Informed on important scientific/statistical issues that may arise, in a timely manner.
- Provides responses to routine questions from clients, scientific insight when answering nonstandard questions, and independently pursues analyses suggested by the data. Responsible for developing and maintaining good client relationships.
- Communicates a basic understanding of scientific principles for assigned projects and acts in accordance with those principles. Clearly communicate fundamental statistical concepts to other statisticians, scientists, and other personnel.
- Maintains technical skills and increases own knowledge of new statistical methodology or areas of application through use of the scientific literature and attendance at professional meetings.
- Presents own statistical research or review of the statistical literature at meetings and seminars.
- Participates in departmental activities including recruiting , training/mentoring, research efforts and cross-functional collaborations.
- MS or PhD in Statistics, Biostatistics or a highly related field. 0+ years (PhD) or at least 4-6 years (MS) of relevant experience required.
- High degree of technical competence and sound communication ability, both oral and written.
- Competent in experimental design, descriptive and inferential statistics, biometrics/biopharmaceutical applications and computer programming.
- Identifies data or analytical issues and either applies skills and knowledge to solve problems or seeks help to achieve solutions.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance. Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement. Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
- Learns fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated