Senior Scientist, Bioanalysis
AbbVie is looking for a Senior Scientist to sit in our Lake County, IL office.
The candidate for this Senior Scientist, Bioanalysis position will be working in the Method Development & Validation group of AbbVie's Bioanalysis and Biotransformation department.
The primary responsibility will be for developing methods for small and large molecule biomarker analysis. The individual will be expected to have extensive experience in developing and validating LCMS based methods in a regulated environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and validating bioanalytical methods for large and small molecules on LCMS platforms.
- Experienced with resolving analytical challenges for biomarker assays, including ref std, surrogate matrix, derivatization and parallelism.
- Maintain awareness of evolving trends in separations (2D separation) and mass spectrometry (high resolution MS) that can be used to improve biomarker quantitation.
- Use and manage biohazardous matrices (e.g., plasma, serum, urine, blood, tissue, etc.)
- Author method documents for regulated analysis
- Author scientific papers for publication
- Maintain and troubleshoot complex LC systems and ultra-sensitive mass spectrometers
- Expertise in the cutting edge assay technologies and excellent assay troubleshooting skills
*Level and compensation will be commensurate with experience.*
- Ph.D. with 3+ years experience or M.S. with 10+ years of pharma experience and a degree in Analytical Chemistry or related field required.
- Experience with Hamilton Starlet automated liquid handling instruments is a plus.
- Experience with operating Shimadzu and Leap Liquid Chromatography instruments.
- Experience with operating API3000, API4000, API5000, and API5500 Applied Biosystems Mass Spectrometers.
- Experience with electronic laboratory notebook software, WATSON Laboratory Information Mangement Software (LIMS), and Applied Biosystems Analyst Software.
- Familiarity with regulatory guidelines for bioanalysis and experience working in a regulated environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently with minimal supervision in managing multiple projects and priorities and work well within a team, and a desire to learn specific techniques for bioanalysis.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled