Associate Business Systems Consultant - Central Service - Facilities and Site Operations Systems
Default point of contact for BTS with the business; brokers contracts between BTS and the business, and resolves client and BTS relationship issues. Manages and provides expert advice on, the selection, design, justification, implementation and business use of information systems. Analyzes business processes; elicits, analyzes, and documents business requirements; identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility and makes recommendations typically seeking to exploit and leverage new or existing technology components. Translates business requirements into functional requirements; performs data and process modeling; manages change; and leads, coordinates / performs testing, verification, and validation of requirements.
Excellent opportunity supporting the Central Services organization within AbbVie Operations. This will be an Associate Business Systems Analyst position who will primarily support and help advance the Global Facilities and Lake County Cafeteria teams. The candidate should have some experience or strong understanding of Integrated Workplace Management (IWMS) systems, or other related systems discipline. The candidate should have vast experience working closely with the business to build and execute strategy, evaluate software alternatives / phase 0's, oversee major project initiatives ensuring that intended business benefits are realized via the deployment of intuitive simple solutions. Should have demonstrated experience to conceive innovative solutions which can be standardized on and scaled globally as required. The position requires strong leadership skills, with the ability to establish a strong partnership with the business, bringing original and unique ideas to innovate, as well as a pragmatic approach toward problem solving. Experience with vendor management and managed platforms is required. Demonstrated ability to perform process mapping, gather requirements, develop implementation plans, and monitor the schedule/scope/budget effectively. The candidate should be able to bridge industry trends with business and technology strategies. Strong communication and presentation skills are essential. An understanding or practical application of LEAN/Six Sigma concepts is preferred. Given this business domain, a strong understanding of network and desktop/server technology and troubleshooting skills is also desirable.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Elicits and communicates the organization's business strategy; works directly with business unit clients to understand specific business processes and needs and opportunities for improvement; identifies IT capabilities and information required to support the business processes and collaborates in the development of appropriate information management strategies, developing them as an integrated part of the business strategy.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Identifies current and emerging business needs and evaluates alternative technology solutions using standard information systems methodologies and best practices. Proactively seek out strategic business opportunities with business unit executives for the application of new or existing technology capabilities.
- Develops technology strategies that meet the requirements of the business. Identifies the business benefits of alternative strategies. Ensures compliance between business strategies and technology directions. Prepares testing plans to confirm that requirements and system design are accurate and complete.
- Conducts training. Identify process disconnects and translate them into improvement opportunities with cost savings or avoidance, productivity improvements, or revenue generating business benefits. Develops business relationships and integrates activities with other BTO's to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Manages relationships between clients involved and BTOs to assure effective communication between the groups is occurring. Brokers services within BTS community on behalf of customers; coordinates system solutions.
- Allies with other BTS functional areas to remain current on project status, and inform customer management of progress; conversely, keeps BTS managers aware of user issues and resolves conflicts.
- Identifies the impact of any relevant statutory, internal or external regulations on the organization's use of information.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives of assignment. Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects. Establishes organizational objectives and delegates assignments. Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates.
- Accountable for the accuracy of the fit of the proposed solution to the business needs and the information upon which the business justification and prioritization decisions are made. Also accountable for communicating the business need and drivers to development groups to assure the implementation phase can fulfill the business need.
- Bachelors Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 8-10 years of related work experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled