Manager, RQS Business Operations
The Business Operations Manager, RQS Business Services serves an operational partner with IT and Business developing, managing, and tracking RQS Budget Ready to Go Process, RQS Resource model, annual functional/ capital plan, LRP, and monthly financial cycle needs. Demonstrates knowledge of RQS business functions and provides strategic and tactical leadership and organizational influence within RQS across multiple functions and associated partners. Ensures smooth logistical support of projects and initiatives. Demonstrates the ability to work independently to solve operational problems while also identifying major business needs or decisions for management to review.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manages RQS Budget Ready to Go (RTG) and Ready to Give Up (RTGU) process to support the effective use of RQS budgets. Manage Intake, tracking, communication, end of year summary, and reconciliation with Finance and IR portfolio managers on Ready to Go items. Provides leadership as RQS business process owner for the RQS Budget Ready to Go process including the creation of process flow diagrams depicting activities. Contributes to the identification of gaps and may be assigned to lead change efforts to current process with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Supports operational aspects of RQS technology governance body. Monitors execution of the business performance improvement portfolio for cross-RQS capital projects.
- Provides project management support for Capital and Functional financial cycle activities and any other functional projects as needed: Prepares status reports and dashboards using standard templates, tracks risks and mitigation plans; tracks issues and facilitates resolution; schedules team meetings; establishes agendas, keeps minutes, manages timelines, creates deliverables and gains approvals, manages artifacts of historical documents). Responsible for suggesting process efficiencies related to resource, Ready to go/give up, LRP, functional/capital plan, and monthly financial cycle.
- Manages and support the creation of process deliverables (tracking spreadsheets, business cases, PowerPoint summary and visuals) for RQS Capital and RQS Ops Functional Budget Cycles including LRP, Plan and capital project monthly LBEs.
- Develops RQS cross-functional project proposals for the Long-Range Planning (LRP), Plan and budget planning efforts. Interacts with peers and stakeholders to drive efficient allocation of resources across related and partner functions such as IT and Finance.
- Maintains, adapts, socializes and shepherds the utilization of RQS Resource Model to forecast people resource needs based on AbbVie Pipeline during financial cycles and acquisition planning.
- Develops, monitors and provides LBEs for RQS General Capital budget and authors Request for Capital Expenditures (RCEs) as needed to acquire necessary funds.
- Develops and delivers relevant overviews on RQS financial cycle activities to IT, Business Owners, Vendors, and other appropriate parties.
- Possesses a working knowledge of each of the RQS business functions. Demonstrates knowledge of the product life-cycle business processes, and regulations in the RQS functions. Works with RQS management to develop long-term strategies for business performance optimization within RQS.
- Demonstrates knowledge in utilizing multiple systems/software tools (Innotas, QUEST, SRM, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Vendor Master, Magellan, Midas) to capture, read analyze and report pertinent data.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 12 years' experience or Bachelor's degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred. Project Management Certification (e.g. Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) or Six Sigma certification) preferred.
- Minimum 6 years related experience with Bachelor's degree or 12 years' with High School diploma required. 3 years pharma, healthcare or industry related experience preferred. 3 years' experience in a business operations role; and/or experience in finance/accounting/procurement preferred.
- Proven leadership skills and presence required.
- Experience working in a complex and matrixed environment required.
- Robust communication skills both oral and written required. Ability to craft compelling business cases and sell new ideas preferred.
- Multiple years of project planning and management experience including successful implementation of business and/or technology initiatives preferred.
- Experience analyzing complex business problems and facilitating the design of innovative solutions preferred. Experience serving as a business management consultant preferred.
- Broad experience in business operations role preferred.
Note: Higher education may compensate for years of experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled